PDA

View Full Version : Gate fees for MSR on Sunday the 13th?

moto_dan
10-07-2002, 10:39 AM
In the past there has been on occassion an unadvertised discount gate fee of $5 charged for motorcyclists riding with a group. Is there any such discount offered this Sunday at MSR? If so what would define a group?
Thanks.
Dan Grimmer

Eric Kelcher
10-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Yes there is a deal for motorcyclists.
Two ways
one organized group that handles sign-up basically does a pre entry signup before getting to the gate this speeds up entry into the track and group can stay together. These groups would recieve special recognition at the event, by our announcer
2. any motorcyclist showing up Sun noonish gets in for the $5 gate

moto_dan
10-08-2002, 06:27 AM
Thanks I'll pass on the info. Where does an organized(?) group get the pre-entry sign in sheet in case I'm asked?

Eric Kelcher
10-08-2002, 11:36 AM
They would get it in advance and deal with sign up prior to ride to the track. call the office for more info.

Troy Green
10-09-2002, 04:57 AM
Hey, I know this big group of motorcyclists that go to every race, how do they go about skipping the long lines at the gate and a discount would be nice as well!!
By the way the group I am talking about is the CMRA RACERS!!!!!
Don't get me wrong, spectators are great, but I doubt they account for even 2% of the CMRA's income over the whole season.
But yet the people that MAKE the CMRA don't get to enjoy even a small convienence that is being offered to a group of spectators.

much lov to ya Eric /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Troy

ChuckMcCoy
10-10-2002, 10:52 AM
geez, that Troy Green is a smart guy.

Keith Hertell
10-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Yep, He's one Fart Smella.

JesseJohnson
10-10-2002, 04:44 PM
If you look at the financial summary in this month's newsletter, gate fee's were $31k thru aug 15th. Our net income after expenses for the same period was $19k. That hopefully will fund improvements to oak hill, more airfence, more paid pit nazis /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Doing something to increase membership by attracting spectators every now and then is cheap advertisement. Reducing gate fees for large groups of spectators does that. It doesn't hurt the club.

If the surplus continues next year, then look at reducing the gate fees. I would also like to see a breakdown of the lumped together expenses listed in the report.

Jess