PDA

View Full Version : Raceday Schedule of Events

smitht
01-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Now that I have two bikes for this comming year, a "Classic/Sportsman" class bike and a "Middleweight" class bike, I was wondering if I could see a Tenative Raceday Schedule.

Several of these classes run together and it's all I can do to ride one bike at a time.
Also this would make pre-registering easier with less guess work.

Thanks,
Todd Smith

Walter Walker
01-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Todd, Just puting the finishing touches on the schedules. I should be done in a day or so. I will e-mail you a copy when I get it finished up.

jscottyk
01-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Walter,
Could you e-mail a copy of the schedule to me too once you get it finalized?

jscottyk@post1.com

I'm curious to see how things shook out with regards to my change request to race order for next season (http://www.frenzy.com/UBB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000009) .

-Scott

Eric Kelcher
01-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Is this done yet?
Transponders? Transponder fee?

Brooks Gremmels
01-27-2003, 03:16 PM
"Is this done yet?" I'm sorry, but is what done yet? I have looked at this thread and all I can find are questions about classes. Thanks.
Brooks

twg
01-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Has the race day schedule been finalized? I already pre-entered five classes, sure hope they aren't all run back to back to back. I'm way too old to handle that. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I guess since I've already pre-entered it really doesn't matter.

Thanks,

twg

Nancy Selleck
01-27-2003, 05:03 PM
I'm working on getting it on the website. I'll let you know when it's been done.

Nancy Selleck
01-27-2003, 05:55 PM
I just put the schedule for Oak Hill Feb 22 & 23 up here: http://www.cmraracing.com/schedule03.htm

Just click on the date.

David Branyon
01-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Just had a look at the schedule and thanks for getting it up so early.

Now the hopefully constructive criticism: assuming that "med" is the same as MW or middleweight, then race 12 is MW Classic and MW Sportsman at the same time. These are two of the three classes I was planning to run each weekend. The FZR400 is the perfect bike for MW Sportsman (except for that dang RS250 GP , er... street bike) and is also a good fit for MW Classic. Any chance of separating these two into separate races?

Thanks,

David Branyon
01-28-2003, 09:50 AM
One more thing, while I'm thinking about it, how DID the RS250 qualify for Sportsman classes? Obviously they don't fit the "Sportsman machines are based upon production models, sold by manufacturers and their dealers in North America for street use" rule, so they must have been approved on an individual basis. How is that since they are at least equal w/ the other bikes in the class for power (upper-60's hp) but are ~100 lb lighter? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Just wondering the history of that one.

Thanks again!

David Branyon
01-29-2003, 10:43 AM
To the top. Any thoughts on this? At least a note that someone has read it and is thinking about it? Any comments from Petitpas or other FZR400 riders?

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by David Branyon #809:
...then race 12 is MW Classic and MW Sportsman at the same time. <snip> Any chance of separating these two into separate races?

Thanks,</div></div>

Mike Petitpas
01-29-2003, 09:00 PM
David, I agree. I think the 400 is one of the best bikes to have in either of those classes. Since I won MWSP Ex on my 400 and was planning on contesting MW Classic on it, this is a definite conflict for me. Either I don't defend my title or I run HW Classic and continue to try and pester Hertell and Haze. Or I guess I could pay for both and only get one race?

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Walter Walker
01-29-2003, 10:31 PM
David, are you talking about a Aprilia RS250 or a Honda NSR250? Both are legal for MW Sportsman. Both were sold as street legal bikes. As far as the schedule I'll take a look.

David Branyon
02-12-2003, 07:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by David Branyon #809:
...then race 12 is MW Classic and MW Sportsman at the same time. <snip> Any chance of separating these two into separate races?
</div></div>Any thoughts on this yet?

Eric Kelcher
02-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Maybe the answer is run the FZR 400 in lightweight sportsman rather than Mediumweight Sportsman. sorry this does not help with overbore FZR400

Walter Walker
02-12-2003, 10:50 PM
David, sorry it took me so long to reply. I've gone over this several different ways and any change I make will cause a conflict(s) somewhere else. Eric has a good point if your bike is legal.

David Branyon
02-13-2003, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kelcher:
Maybe the answer is run the FZR 400 in lightweight sportsman rather than Mediumweight Sportsman. sorry this does not help with overbore FZR400</div></div>Wow, I was just about to reply that the FZR400 is not legal for LW Sportsman but went to check the rulebook and see a change(? underline means change, right?) that allows up to 410cc four-cyl liquid-cooled into LW Sportsman. That's great and will solve the issue.

Mike Petitpas, you able to get in that as well? I don't know who (or what bikes) I'll be racing against now, but look forward to it.

Thanks for the response guys and I appreciate the attempt to adjust the schedule, Walter.

Mike Petitpas
02-18-2003, 07:23 PM
Finally got the computer back up and running after it crashed. From my perspective the new schedule bites. I guess I'm just one of the people caught out with the schedule changes because of new classes. Not only does race 12 grouping conflict with the clesses I was going to run but race 18 does also.I was going to run 4 classes this year, both Classic classes, MWSP, and LWSB. Because of the new schedule I'm down to 2 unless I run LWGP. I would like to see this changed but I guess I'm a minority. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Mike Petitpas
02-18-2003, 07:27 PM
David no I'm not legal for LWSP because my bike displaces 428 cc. ( 2 mm over pistons )

Jeff the jet Lee
02-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Mike, I have a problem w/ the sched. as well, if I race ALL the races I want to run I will be doing 4 back to back to back,I better start jogging or sumpin, oh well, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the two" /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Keith Hertell
02-19-2003, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Mike Petitpas:
Finally got the computer back up and running after it crashed. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>Do you crash everything you own? hahahahaha /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

David Branyon
02-20-2003, 03:33 PM
Well BOD, I know it was not possible to change it up for this weekend, but is there any opportunity to take another look for the future races? Mike sounds really screwed and I am willing to ante up to run MWSn in addition to LWSn if the schedule is changed to accomodate that with MW Classic (i.e. split up race 12).

I know y'all looked already, but I thought maybe it's worth asking one more time.

Walter Walker
02-20-2003, 07:28 PM
David, Keith came up with a few ideas, see if this helps at all.

Race 12 Hvywt SuperSport Am/Hvywt Classic
Race 15 Ltwt SuperSport/Ltwt Sportsman/Super Vintage/Mdwt Classic
Race 18 Ltwt Superbike/Mdwt Sportsman

I'll do my best to work this out for everyone, just be patient, please. We will keep the schedule flexible until registration closes on Sunday. Let me know what this does for you, ASAP. I'll be leaving for the track at 1:00 pm Friday.

David Branyon
02-21-2003, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Walter Walker:
David, Keith came up with a few ideas, see if this helps at all.

Race 12 Hvywt SuperSport Am/Hvywt Classic
Race 15 Ltwt SuperSport/Ltwt Sportsman/Super Vintage/Mdwt Classic
Race 18 Ltwt Superbike/Mdwt Sportsman
</div></div>Walter,
1st, thanks for your willingness and efforts to improve this situation!
2nd, that actually makes it worse for me as the ability for me to run LWSn got me to where I could run sportsman *and* MW Classic whereas this schedule does not allow it.
My preferred classes (in order of preference):
LWSn
MW Classic
MWSn
LWSB

I typically run 3 classes and so was planning to run LWSB instead of MWSn since it conflicted with MW Classic. The above revision puts my preferred 4 classes into only 2 races, so I wouldn't prefer that.

But thanks for the effort.

Brooks Gremmels
02-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Eric's idea of running Ltwt. Sportsman on a FZR 400 is terrific. They deserve a class where they can be competitive. So I'd like for someone to explain to me though why CCS (Kevin Elliott) has given personal permission for a 500cc two stroke machine to enter this class? Contrary to what Lenz would have you believe, a two stroke of the same, or greater displacement as a four stroke, will never have a chance. In the national Supercross and national Arenacross series (which CCS's parent Clear Channel Entertainment runs), the rules stipulate that 250 four strokes compete against 450 four strokes. And 125 two strokes compete against 250 four strokes. These rules have been in place for 4 seasons and they have proven that four strokes need twice the displacement as two strokes to be competitive. I wonder why this makes sense for the other CCE events but on the roadracing level it goes out the window. Tell me you can make up the difference in frame technology or something like that. Sure. Just come out to one of our races and see the evidence in action.
On this same subject, I learned the hard way on Sunday that the SuperSingles class, which has been limited to four stroke machines since the beginning of time, is now open to large two strokes (510cc). Using the above proven-in-competition guidelines of twice the displacement for four strokes being equal to that of two strokes, it means it would require a four stroke machine to have 1000cc's to be competitive.
I don't know what the motivation is behind unbalancing these classes is but I strongly object. Everyone in the Ltwt Sportsman class will be competing for the spots behind the big two strokes. I'm willing to bet that no other racing organization in the world will open the traditional constructor's class (SuperSingles) to large two strokes. I'm sure I'll be told very quickly if I am wrong on this.
Ask anyone in the CMRA about the rulebook that Charles put together when the Club was independent five years ago and they'll tell you it was the best one we've ever had.
Brooks

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Darn Brooks /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif you sound like some of the other trouble makers that hang out here.

I guess my question would be to you as club president, why are we even messin with the CCS as a whole. I was told by someone that it started out with promises of contingency and cheap insurance. Where are we in that? Have they come through with the bucks for the cream of the CMRA crop? Is the insurance that much cheaper? Do you know where they are headed with FUSA? I realize that there are probably a lot of things that go on at a higher level than I can comprehend, but I would really like to know. Please don't think I am bi@ch!n', cause I'm not, just curious, that's all.

Jeff the jet Lee
02-26-2003, 02:39 PM
BULLCORN!!! you is a troublemaker Eddie!!! :p

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 02:53 PM
LOL,
now , did I hear somethin about somebody crashing @ oak hill, would you know anything about that?

Jeff the jet Lee
02-26-2003, 03:24 PM
uh, um, well, uh, what, you missed it? had you already left?

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Yup, left right after the classic, what happened?

Jeff the jet Lee
02-26-2003, 04:03 PM
I type even slower than I race, i'll tell ya all about it at TWS as we drink many beers Saturday night!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Your goin' to TWS right? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 04:13 PM
depends on the motard race, if they have it then yes, if not then no.
You ain't hurt are you?

Keith Hertell
02-26-2003, 04:19 PM
You ain't skeered are you Eddie?

TWS is Jeff's track, He just seems to let me "borrow it" when we race.

Jeff the jet Lee
02-26-2003, 04:21 PM
No, just a sore neck, I went to my chiropracter, also one of my sponsors, Ireland Chiropractic, and she said I have whiplash, so i'm just a little stiff, the bike faired pretty well, broken clutch lever and perch, and shift linkage, and some minor bodywork damage but I will have it ready by TWS, I hope they do the motard thing at TWS, it was really cool to watch.

Jeff the jet Lee
02-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Keith is gonna get my bike back together in the next couple of weeks, he only likes beating me when i'm on the track, a win would be empty for him if I was in the pits watching!!!And TWS IS my track and I WILL win a race there....eventually... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Eddie Burk
02-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Which bike?

Jeff the jet Lee
02-27-2003, 04:48 PM
The '89 of course, I could'nt crash the '99, oh no, I only have a ton of spares for it, I had to drop the '89, and of course...NO spares, it ain't too bad though... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Eddie Burk
03-01-2003, 08:06 AM
Anything you need help finding?

Jeff the jet Lee
03-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Yes, a lower, prefer fluid catching, upper fairing stay, and some new forks...lemme know, I appreciate ya! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

David Branyon
03-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Per Brooks' comment on p. 2, I don't see any responses from the BOD. What is the deal there? I did love running LWSn last week at OHR and the FZR definitely has a good shot at the sub-500cc 2-stroke spots. I hadn't really thought about it all that much, but Brooks has some pretty good arguments. There is one difference in that in MX, the comparison is singles to singles, but MotoGP has multis vs. multis and it's still 2:1 displ advantage for 4-strokes to make it ?even?.

Multi 4-stroke vs. single 2-stroke, maybe not 2:1, but certainly not a 0.75:1 (i.e. 400cc 4-strokes vs. 500 cc 2-strokes). How did this come about?

I'm gonna see if I can at least see this CR500 on the grid at TWS. I never even saw him at OHR. I would like to see a response to Brooks' questions though.

David Branyon
03-03-2003, 08:13 PM
I thought the race order was gonna flip flop each weekend and that doesn't seem to be the case. Did something happen to change that approach?

Thanks,

Walter Walker
03-03-2003, 08:58 PM
David the schedule that is up was posted before OH, disregard it!!!! The new and improved schedule should be up tomorrow. Please stand by.

David Branyon
03-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks Walter. I'll look forward to the revised schedule.

You're doing a heck of a job!

David Branyon
04-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey, sorry I forgot to ask about this earlier, but the original schedule for TWS on 16MAR03 had it worked out such that LWSn and MW Classic were not in the same race. It got changed on race day, but I just thought I'd make sure I had looked under all the rocks :rolleyes: and ask if there is any chance to re-instate that schedule? (It's still that way on the site under the 15-16-MAR TWS schedule.) It looked good to me, anyway. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Thanks!