PDA

View Full Version : GT replacement series

nicktulloh
11-05-2003, 10:54 AM
I gather that the Red River series is an indirect replacement for the GT series. Am I reading correctly that it's a 'run what you brung' Formula 1 class only? Point being that there'll be no GT replacement for anything other than open class bikes? If so, was this done because of time constraints?

Thanks,

Nick

nicktulloh
11-05-2003, 10:54 AM
I gather that the Red River series is an indirect replacement for the GT series. Am I reading correctly that it's a 'run what you brung' Formula 1 class only? Point being that there'll be no GT replacement for anything other than open class bikes? If so, was this done because of time constraints?

Thanks,

Nick

11-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Hello BOD,

I too am concerned about the lack of GT races in the 2004 schedule. Is that an oversight? I for one will be truly disappointed if the series is discontinued.

Thanks for your consideration,
Keith

11-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Hello BOD,

I too am concerned about the lack of GT races in the 2004 schedule. Is that an oversight? I for one will be truly disappointed if the series is discontinued.

Thanks for your consideration,
Keith

Brooks Gremmels
11-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I like the GT series, too. Won a championship there as an Amateur.
The idea behind returning to the Red River Challenge (RRC) format (this was the series the CMRA ran before affiliating with CCS) came about as a result of concentrating all of the mini sprint racing on Saturdays.
The RRC provided some terrific racing and with a $1,500 Expert cash prize, it will again.
I am sure there will be some disappointment at the consolidation of classes. But the trade-off is more time for the big bikes on Sunday.
We are doing everything possible to improve the events next season. But...some of the changes may prove to be less popular and if they are, I guarentee things will be set right the following season.
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
11-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I like the GT series, too. Won a championship there as an Amateur.
The idea behind returning to the Red River Challenge (RRC) format (this was the series the CMRA ran before affiliating with CCS) came about as a result of concentrating all of the mini sprint racing on Saturdays.
The RRC provided some terrific racing and with a $1,500 Expert cash prize, it will again.
I am sure there will be some disappointment at the consolidation of classes. But the trade-off is more time for the big bikes on Sunday.
We are doing everything possible to improve the events next season. But...some of the changes may prove to be less popular and if they are, I guarentee things will be set right the following season.
Brooks