PDA

View Full Version : 8 hour endurance race in June?

jroberts5407
11-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi there, I'm a new guy with a question about the June 8 hour endurance race at TWS. I like the idea of a long endurance race, but am wondering why it is at the June TWS event instead of the March TWS event? I think having the race in March when it is cooler would be better (and safer) for such a long event. Is the June date due to more available daylight, or are there other reasons?

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere in another thread but I looked around a bit and did not find one.

Thanks

jroberts5407
11-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi there, I'm a new guy with a question about the June 8 hour endurance race at TWS. I like the idea of a long endurance race, but am wondering why it is at the June TWS event instead of the March TWS event? I think having the race in March when it is cooler would be better (and safer) for such a long event. Is the June date due to more available daylight, or are there other reasons?

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere in another thread but I looked around a bit and did not find one.

Thanks

Walter Walker
11-23-2003, 09:57 PM
The March race falls before Daylight Savings time starts. On March 13 sunset will be at about 6:15pm that means it is unsafe to race after about 5:35pm. The weather in March is always a question too. If we have a delay of any kind that causes a late start then we are in trouble. Just be glad it is not in July or August.

Walter Walker
11-23-2003, 09:57 PM
The March race falls before Daylight Savings time starts. On March 13 sunset will be at about 6:15pm that means it is unsafe to race after about 5:35pm. The weather in March is always a question too. If we have a delay of any kind that causes a late start then we are in trouble. Just be glad it is not in July or August.

jroberts5407
11-24-2003, 09:11 PM
OK I figured that was the reason. And you are right of course July or August would be worse.

jroberts5407
11-24-2003, 09:11 PM
OK I figured that was the reason. And you are right of course July or August would be worse.

David Branyon
12-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Well, the data says that the average high in Austin is 91 in June and 95 in July/Aug. Not that much difference, really. Daylight is critical issue though of course.

Dave

David Branyon
12-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Well, the data says that the average high in Austin is 91 in June and 95 in July/Aug. Not that much difference, really. Daylight is critical issue though of course.

Dave

darick
12-31-2003, 05:11 PM
yea, the GTO race was cut short last September /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

and I was just about to catch up to Sanchez and Jensen too /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

darick
12-31-2003, 05:11 PM
yea, the GTO race was cut short last September /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

and I was just about to catch up to Sanchez and Jensen too /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif