PDA

View Full Version : Stock Connectors

TRCMarah
12-30-2003, 09:50 PM
At the suggestion of Bryan Norton, I have moved this question-

A friend of mine is preparing his bike to race in the 2004 season and has a question. Note page 11 item (g) 'Headlight and tail/brake light housings may be removed. Disconnection must be made at the stock connectors. Stock connectors must be intact and operable.' Is this Hard and Fast? He cut out the connector when he installed an interator Kit. What options does he have?

TRCMarah
12-30-2003, 09:50 PM
At the suggestion of Bryan Norton, I have moved this question-

A friend of mine is preparing his bike to race in the 2004 season and has a question. Note page 11 item (g) 'Headlight and tail/brake light housings may be removed. Disconnection must be made at the stock connectors. Stock connectors must be intact and operable.' Is this Hard and Fast? He cut out the connector when he installed an interator Kit. What options does he have?

Bryan Norton
12-31-2003, 09:44 AM
BoD and Walter, -
I had Donn post this one here.
Since the new rules are much more strict regarding such, I think we could allow the removal of stock connectors provided that the wires are still intact and attaching the headlight would still work.

I don't want anyone to have to buy a wiring harness just to race superstock, but at the same time I want the superstock class to remain truly superstock.

Maybe a 1 year allowance for the connectors?

Bryan Norton
12-31-2003, 09:44 AM
BoD and Walter, -
I had Donn post this one here.
Since the new rules are much more strict regarding such, I think we could allow the removal of stock connectors provided that the wires are still intact and attaching the headlight would still work.

I don't want anyone to have to buy a wiring harness just to race superstock, but at the same time I want the superstock class to remain truly superstock.

Maybe a 1 year allowance for the connectors?

Walter Walker
01-04-2004, 07:53 PM
I can live with with a grace period on the connectors. If you still have the connectors, soldering them back on would be a permanent fix.

Walter Walker
01-04-2004, 07:53 PM
I can live with with a grace period on the connectors. If you still have the connectors, soldering them back on would be a permanent fix.

TRCMarah
01-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Not sure if he still has the connectors. Thanks for the extension.

TRCMarah
01-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Not sure if he still has the connectors. Thanks for the extension.

nwatkins
01-06-2004, 06:52 AM
I don't have the connectors, but thanks for the grace period. I will find a totalled bike and take one from that bike. Thanks for the help.

Neil

nwatkins
01-06-2004, 06:52 AM
I don't have the connectors, but thanks for the grace period. I will find a totalled bike and take one from that bike. Thanks for the help.

Neil

JesseJohnson
01-11-2004, 09:44 PM
The grace period is for CMRA only, WERA has no grace period.

Jess

JesseJohnson
01-11-2004, 09:44 PM
The grace period is for CMRA only, WERA has no grace period.

Jess