PDA

View Full Version : FIRE EXTINGUISHERS

Jason Keene
06-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Every time I tech my Endurance Bike I take my 10# fire extinguisher with me. (just like the rule book says)

Why am I seeing so many 5# fire extinguishers on pit row during the race?

Since we are half way through the season and I have not seen this change I am starting to get concerned. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Didn't we have a bike burn at TWS before. We have an 8 Hour coming up next week.

I have no problem with the sharing guideline that is in the rulebook. I don't like being next to someone that is depending on some old fire extinguisher that has not been inspected or is even big enough to do the job. Rules are rules. I'd like some re-assurance before I line up on the grid.

Jason Keene
06-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Every time I tech my Endurance Bike I take my 10# fire extinguisher with me. (just like the rule book says)

Why am I seeing so many 5# fire extinguishers on pit row during the race?

Since we are half way through the season and I have not seen this change I am starting to get concerned. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Didn't we have a bike burn at TWS before. We have an 8 Hour coming up next week.

I have no problem with the sharing guideline that is in the rulebook. I don't like being next to someone that is depending on some old fire extinguisher that has not been inspected or is even big enough to do the job. Rules are rules. I'd like some re-assurance before I line up on the grid.

Brooks Gremmels
06-14-2004, 08:31 AM
You make a good point. In fact I believe that a lot of teams share a fire extinguisher with those pitted next to them. Where did you find your 10# unit?
Brooks

Brooks Gremmels
06-14-2004, 08:31 AM
You make a good point. In fact I believe that a lot of teams share a fire extinguisher with those pitted next to them. Where did you find your 10# unit?
Brooks

Jason Keene
06-14-2004, 09:33 AM
I purchased it at AAA fire and safety here in austin. They offer inspection service, refill and sales.

Jason Keene
06-14-2004, 09:33 AM
I purchased it at AAA fire and safety here in austin. They offer inspection service, refill and sales.

Bryan Norton
06-20-2004, 10:43 PM
I consulted with Walter when the decision was made this year to increase from 5#, they ARE supposed to be 10#, and marked with bike number, inspected etc.

You (hopefully) will never need to use it, but if you do, ya don't want to run out of juice while the bike is cooking.

Bryan Norton
06-20-2004, 10:43 PM
I consulted with Walter when the decision was made this year to increase from 5#, they ARE supposed to be 10#, and marked with bike number, inspected etc.

You (hopefully) will never need to use it, but if you do, ya don't want to run out of juice while the bike is cooking.

Jason Keene
06-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Thanks for looking into this... However, I did notice that many new 5 pounders were brought to tech and passed.

I'll be happy to bring mine to tech early and leave it with them so they can compare size.

The 10 pounders are huge compared to the 5...

Jason Keene
06-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Thanks for looking into this... However, I did notice that many new 5 pounders were brought to tech and passed.

I'll be happy to bring mine to tech early and leave it with them so they can compare size.

The 10 pounders are huge compared to the 5...

Steve McNamara
06-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Jason,

We informed them that the 10 pound is manditory and will be required.
5 pounders are better than nothing and we are taking this matter seriously!!
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!!

Steve McNamara
06-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Jason,

We informed them that the 10 pound is manditory and will be required.
5 pounders are better than nothing and we are taking this matter seriously!!
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!!

Jason Keene
06-21-2004, 05:26 PM
That is all I need to hear... thank you sir.

Jason Keene
06-21-2004, 05:26 PM
That is all I need to hear... thank you sir.

Nick Dawson
06-29-2004, 01:33 PM
If one is looking to buy some 10 pound fire extinguishers, then "Grainger" is a good place.
There are every where.
There is like five in Houston.

Nick Dawson
06-29-2004, 01:33 PM
If one is looking to buy some 10 pound fire extinguishers, then "Grainger" is a good place.
There are every where.
There is like five in Houston.