PDA

View Full Version : Office equipment?

G-Man
07-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Steve/Nancy?

One of my consulting custoemrs is reponsible for refurbishing equipment for one of it's Fortune 100 accounts.

They've contacted me asking for an non-profits that I would like to see equipment donated to.

Would the CMRA have any use for Compaq Pentium II 350 MHZ PC's, 14" color monitors (brand new), or misc office stuff, like typewriters, power strips, calculators?

The PC's might need a small investment for larger hard drives (standard is 6.4 GB when after installing Windows XP and Office XP doesn't leave much) and/or RAM but I would be willing to donate my time to refurbish the equipment and load operating systems and software.

They literally have palletts of these machines to dispose of. Only requirement is that the org must be non-profit. Obviously this is not the latest/greatest type stuff but the price is right.

G-Man
07-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Steve/Nancy?

One of my consulting custoemrs is reponsible for refurbishing equipment for one of it's Fortune 100 accounts.

They've contacted me asking for an non-profits that I would like to see equipment donated to.

Would the CMRA have any use for Compaq Pentium II 350 MHZ PC's, 14" color monitors (brand new), or misc office stuff, like typewriters, power strips, calculators?

The PC's might need a small investment for larger hard drives (standard is 6.4 GB when after installing Windows XP and Office XP doesn't leave much) and/or RAM but I would be willing to donate my time to refurbish the equipment and load operating systems and software.

They literally have palletts of these machines to dispose of. Only requirement is that the org must be non-profit. Obviously this is not the latest/greatest type stuff but the price is right.

Steve McNamara
07-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the offer Gordon but our equipment needs are pretty much taken care of right now.

Steve McNamara
07-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the offer Gordon but our equipment needs are pretty much taken care of right now.

G-Man
07-14-2004, 08:53 PM
No problem.

There are several elementary schools that I've worked with in the past that will be glad to have the PC's.

If there is any other CMRA member that is affiliated or volunteers for a 501c3 or other non-profit org that might be intersted, please don'y hesitate to contact me. Keep in mind that it would cost $75+ to ship each PC/monitor so I would suggest that it be for Houston area orgs or that they be willing to pick the equipment up themselves. I'll also need copies of their tax exempt status documentation and a receipt on some kind of letterhead.

G-Man
07-14-2004, 08:53 PM
No problem.

There are several elementary schools that I've worked with in the past that will be glad to have the PC's.

If there is any other CMRA member that is affiliated or volunteers for a 501c3 or other non-profit org that might be intersted, please don'y hesitate to contact me. Keep in mind that it would cost $75+ to ship each PC/monitor so I would suggest that it be for Houston area orgs or that they be willing to pick the equipment up themselves. I'll also need copies of their tax exempt status documentation and a receipt on some kind of letterhead.