PDA

View Full Version : Engine Ice

Travis Pierce
08-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Can somebody look into Engine Ice and let us know if it will be legal next yr. There is a topic about it in the tech section. It is a good product and better than just water. It is allowed in CCS, AMA, and FUSA. Thanks......

Travis Pierce
08-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Can somebody look into Engine Ice and let us know if it will be legal next yr. There is a topic about it in the tech section. It is a good product and better than just water. It is allowed in CCS, AMA, and FUSA. Thanks......

Steve McNamara
08-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Travis. I have first hand experience with this product and it is very slippery, and hard to clean up. We'll get back to ya on this soon!!!

Steve McNamara
08-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Travis. I have first hand experience with this product and it is very slippery, and hard to clean up. We'll get back to ya on this soon!!!

Travis Pierce
08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks Steve. Appreciate it.

Travis Pierce
08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks Steve. Appreciate it.

Walter Walker
08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Red Line Water Weter mixed with distilled water is the way to go. It lowers engine temps fights corosion and is not slick. You can get it at Pep Boys for about 5 bucks.

Walter Walker
08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Red Line Water Weter mixed with distilled water is the way to go. It lowers engine temps fights corosion and is not slick. You can get it at Pep Boys for about 5 bucks.

Frank Newman
08-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Water Wetter is ok?

Frank Newman
08-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Water Wetter is ok?

jroberts5407
08-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Here is a pdf file with technical information on water wetter. The IMPORTANT thing to note here is the frictional coefficents included in the bar chart on the second page. Propylene glycol and ethylene glycol have much lower frictional coefficients (static and dynamic) than water wetter or plain water.

Also note that the dynamic friction coefficient drops way off from the static coefficient for both glycols. That basically means that once you start sliding your tire is going to lose even more traction and your chances of recovering from the slide are poor. From what little I knw I think Steve's experience at the track on Monday bears this out. Note that the dynamic coefficients of friction for water (and water wetter mixed with water) do not drop off significantly.

Water Wetter Tech Info (http://www.redlineoil.com/whitePaper/17.pdf)

Based on this info I think you should continue to ban glycol products and enforce this per the 2004 rules. Granted water wetter could be a bit biased here since it is their product but the information looks reasonable to me. And no, I am not a water wetter dealer or am I sponsored by them or get anything from them. I also have nothing against the Engine Ice dealers. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jroberts5407
08-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Here is a pdf file with technical information on water wetter. The IMPORTANT thing to note here is the frictional coefficents included in the bar chart on the second page. Propylene glycol and ethylene glycol have much lower frictional coefficients (static and dynamic) than water wetter or plain water.

Also note that the dynamic friction coefficient drops way off from the static coefficient for both glycols. That basically means that once you start sliding your tire is going to lose even more traction and your chances of recovering from the slide are poor. From what little I knw I think Steve's experience at the track on Monday bears this out. Note that the dynamic coefficients of friction for water (and water wetter mixed with water) do not drop off significantly.

Water Wetter Tech Info (http://www.redlineoil.com/whitePaper/17.pdf)

Based on this info I think you should continue to ban glycol products and enforce this per the 2004 rules. Granted water wetter could be a bit biased here since it is their product but the information looks reasonable to me. And no, I am not a water wetter dealer or am I sponsored by them or get anything from them. I also have nothing against the Engine Ice dealers. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

David Hirsch
09-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the tech sheet. It answered my concern about ph, they must have changed it from when it first came out as it now shows a ph of 8.6, when it first came out it was around 11. For those who do not know water has a ph of 7.
David

David Hirsch
09-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the tech sheet. It answered my concern about ph, they must have changed it from when it first came out as it now shows a ph of 8.6, when it first came out it was around 11. For those who do not know water has a ph of 7.
David