PDA

View Full Version : A few Endurance rules questions

coyne
10-12-2004, 06:22 PM
A non-time critical request for clarification as I try and ready a team for the 2005 Endurance season...

1) Section 2-6, page 25 of the 2004 rule book, describing rules related to team formation and event entry, seems mute on adding a rider for an event:

If a team pre-registers for an event, listing, for example 4 of the allowed 5 maximum racers, may a 5th rider be added after the pre-entry form has been submitted, but before the event begins?

If your sense of humor allows, read the somewhat real-world scenario, otherwise skip ahead to the "1a)" portion of this question...

A scenario best serves to illustrate my question. "Team Clueless" pre-enters an event, listing Joe Flatline the team owner/captain, Sue Stupor, Danny Dingbat and Bob Brainless as the participating 4 racers.

Joe Flatline, despite his significant cognitive challenges manages to correctly fill out the pre-entry form, which is then accepted by the kind, generous and helpful club registrar... thus pre-entering "Team Clueless".

On race-day, while on her way to the track at 2:00am, Sue Stupor bumps into Ned Nitwit, a derelict, but long-time friend and licensed racer at KwikeMart during a stop for beer, cheese-whiz, gas and directions to the track... and decides to invite Ned to race with the team in the event. Ned, no longer quite as derelict agrees, and hooks up with Sue, and agrees to drive her to the track so she can consume her beer and cheese-whiz without having to remember Apu's incorrect directions.

Upon arriving at the track later that morning, Joe Flatline discovers Sue is suffering from some indeterminate malady, perhaps as a result of consuming the cheese-whiz, and determines she is unable to race with the team. While Joe may certainly be challenged, he does understand its not possible to delete Sue from the roster -furthermore no licensed physician is available to diagnose Sue's condition, in order to provide proof of illness which might otherwise allow a substitute.

Is it possible to amend the team's entry, adding Ned Nitwit to the team roster, thus filling all five available slots, prior to the close of registration for that day's event?

1a) The short, humorless point - can a team hold an open slot at pre-entry, and fill it by adding a racer, and amending the entry on race day?

2) If I understand the rule book in terms of allowable endurance modifications, as well as the overall machine class structure, and factoring in the addendum to the rule book, is it true that:

- Dry brake systems are allowable only on machines legal in Superbike and Formula classes

3) Similarly, modifications to the bike's suspension, braking and related chassis components (ala quick-change wheel modifications on the front fork, and possibly swing-arm) are allowed only on Superbike and Formula class machines?

My apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section - and for asking questions that have most likely already been asked and answered numerous times...

No actual clueless persons were harmed in constructing the included scenario...

coyne
10-12-2004, 06:22 PM
A non-time critical request for clarification as I try and ready a team for the 2005 Endurance season...

1) Section 2-6, page 25 of the 2004 rule book, describing rules related to team formation and event entry, seems mute on adding a rider for an event:

If a team pre-registers for an event, listing, for example 4 of the allowed 5 maximum racers, may a 5th rider be added after the pre-entry form has been submitted, but before the event begins?

If your sense of humor allows, read the somewhat real-world scenario, otherwise skip ahead to the "1a)" portion of this question...

A scenario best serves to illustrate my question. "Team Clueless" pre-enters an event, listing Joe Flatline the team owner/captain, Sue Stupor, Danny Dingbat and Bob Brainless as the participating 4 racers.

Joe Flatline, despite his significant cognitive challenges manages to correctly fill out the pre-entry form, which is then accepted by the kind, generous and helpful club registrar... thus pre-entering "Team Clueless".

On race-day, while on her way to the track at 2:00am, Sue Stupor bumps into Ned Nitwit, a derelict, but long-time friend and licensed racer at KwikeMart during a stop for beer, cheese-whiz, gas and directions to the track... and decides to invite Ned to race with the team in the event. Ned, no longer quite as derelict agrees, and hooks up with Sue, and agrees to drive her to the track so she can consume her beer and cheese-whiz without having to remember Apu's incorrect directions.

Upon arriving at the track later that morning, Joe Flatline discovers Sue is suffering from some indeterminate malady, perhaps as a result of consuming the cheese-whiz, and determines she is unable to race with the team. While Joe may certainly be challenged, he does understand its not possible to delete Sue from the roster -furthermore no licensed physician is available to diagnose Sue's condition, in order to provide proof of illness which might otherwise allow a substitute.

Is it possible to amend the team's entry, adding Ned Nitwit to the team roster, thus filling all five available slots, prior to the close of registration for that day's event?

1a) The short, humorless point - can a team hold an open slot at pre-entry, and fill it by adding a racer, and amending the entry on race day?

2) If I understand the rule book in terms of allowable endurance modifications, as well as the overall machine class structure, and factoring in the addendum to the rule book, is it true that:

- Dry brake systems are allowable only on machines legal in Superbike and Formula classes

3) Similarly, modifications to the bike's suspension, braking and related chassis components (ala quick-change wheel modifications on the front fork, and possibly swing-arm) are allowed only on Superbike and Formula class machines?

My apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section - and for asking questions that have most likely already been asked and answered numerous times...

No actual clueless persons were harmed in constructing the included scenario...

Keith Hertell
10-12-2004, 06:32 PM
yes, as long as registration is still open
uhuh
yep

Keith Hertell
10-12-2004, 06:32 PM
yes, as long as registration is still open
uhuh
yep

coyne
10-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks Keith! I, along with the imaginary members of hypothetical "Team Clueless" will sleep better tonight...

Where's my cheese-whiz?!

coyne
10-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks Keith! I, along with the imaginary members of hypothetical "Team Clueless" will sleep better tonight...

Where's my cheese-whiz?!

Jason Keene
10-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Coyne, you have way to much time on your hands...

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Very creative.... I like it...

Jason Keene
10-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Coyne, you have way to much time on your hands...

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Very creative.... I like it...

Nancy Selleck
10-13-2004, 12:33 PM
1. Team must be registered (using Endurance Team Registration Form).

2. Pre-entry must be complete. All riders listed on form must have a current license, must have signed the form, must have emergency contact info completed, VIN numbers listed, payment info, etc.

3. A rider not already on the pre-entry form can be added on at the track. Team owner (or team captain) and the rider to be added must come to registration and fill out endurance post-entry form.

Nancy Selleck
10-13-2004, 12:33 PM
1. Team must be registered (using Endurance Team Registration Form).

2. Pre-entry must be complete. All riders listed on form must have a current license, must have signed the form, must have emergency contact info completed, VIN numbers listed, payment info, etc.

3. A rider not already on the pre-entry form can be added on at the track. Team owner (or team captain) and the rider to be added must come to registration and fill out endurance post-entry form.