PDA

View Full Version : Endurance Team Roster

Andre Schuster
02-01-2005, 09:57 AM
I think that I understand the rules, but I would like to clarify something:

An endurance team's roster is set in stone at the start of the season. A rider can be added only in case of injury/illness, but must leave the team when the permanent team member is able to return to racing.

A new team member may be added, but the team is then considered a new team and starts over in points.

So, am I correct in assuming that a team may not add a new rider mid-way through the season without losing all points?

I am currently injured but am hopeful that sometime during 2005 I may be cleared to ride and would like a spot on an endurance team. Can I go on a team's roster as an injured rider from the start of the season even if there's a chance that I may not race at all during the 2005 season?

Thanks.

Andre Schuster
02-01-2005, 09:57 AM
I think that I understand the rules, but I would like to clarify something:

An endurance team's roster is set in stone at the start of the season. A rider can be added only in case of injury/illness, but must leave the team when the permanent team member is able to return to racing.

A new team member may be added, but the team is then considered a new team and starts over in points.

So, am I correct in assuming that a team may not add a new rider mid-way through the season without losing all points?

I am currently injured but am hopeful that sometime during 2005 I may be cleared to ride and would like a spot on an endurance team. Can I go on a team's roster as an injured rider from the start of the season even if there's a chance that I may not race at all during the 2005 season?

Thanks.

Norm McDonald
02-01-2005, 11:43 AM
A Endurance team is allowed up to 5 riders. A team can start with only 2 riders and add riders through the season up to 5. If a team already has a roster of 5 and one is injured or out due to illness then an addional rider can be added but it has to be approved by the race director. check the rule book Endurance series under teams. Norm

Norm McDonald
02-01-2005, 11:43 AM
A Endurance team is allowed up to 5 riders. A team can start with only 2 riders and add riders through the season up to 5. If a team already has a roster of 5 and one is injured or out due to illness then an addional rider can be added but it has to be approved by the race director. check the rule book Endurance series under teams. Norm