PDA

View Full Version : Speed gun remains in jr. motard?

David Branyon
02-13-2005, 06:05 PM
So, looks like we've got the compromise rules for jr. motard (halfway between '03 and '04 rules):
2003: Stock, period.
2004: anything goes, but 50 mph speed limit
2005: Stock, 50 mph speed limit.

Am I reading it correctly? I at least like the stock part though I thought I had heard that the 50 mph rule was going away as well. Have to go work on that dang speedo setup on the stock XR again. I think I've fragged two bicycle speedo magnets on that thing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

David Branyon
02-13-2005, 06:05 PM
So, looks like we've got the compromise rules for jr. motard (halfway between '03 and '04 rules):
2003: Stock, period.
2004: anything goes, but 50 mph speed limit
2005: Stock, 50 mph speed limit.

Am I reading it correctly? I at least like the stock part though I thought I had heard that the 50 mph rule was going away as well. Have to go work on that dang speedo setup on the stock XR again. I think I've fragged two bicycle speedo magnets on that thing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Walter Walker
02-16-2005, 10:50 PM
You have it right, stock bike and 50 mph speed limit.

Walter Walker
02-16-2005, 10:50 PM
You have it right, stock bike and 50 mph speed limit.

David Branyon
01-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey, just in the interest of clarity, rulebook says same thing for 2006 that it said for 2005, that is stock bikes, 50 mph speed limit. But in actuality, partway through the 2005 season, Walter dropped the 50 mph speed limit (mainly for being a "pain in the neck") which I heartily agree with by the way.

Just wondering if there was not the intention to drop the 50 mph speed limit for 2006, as it was done unofficially for the later part of the 2005 season.

And Walter, you may be happy to know that my son has hit 13 so we won't be there to bug you anymore about jr. motard stuff. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just wanted it to be clear for everyone.

Oh yeah, I'm still holding out hope that I can get my 10 yr old daughter out there, but she's showing no interest so far.

Thanks for all you do!!!

David Branyon
01-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey, just in the interest of clarity, rulebook says same thing for 2006 that it said for 2005, that is stock bikes, 50 mph speed limit. But in actuality, partway through the 2005 season, Walter dropped the 50 mph speed limit (mainly for being a "pain in the neck") which I heartily agree with by the way.

Just wondering if there was not the intention to drop the 50 mph speed limit for 2006, as it was done unofficially for the later part of the 2005 season.

And Walter, you may be happy to know that my son has hit 13 so we won't be there to bug you anymore about jr. motard stuff. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just wanted it to be clear for everyone.

Oh yeah, I'm still holding out hope that I can get my 10 yr old daughter out there, but she's showing no interest so far.

Thanks for all you do!!!

Russel Green
01-21-2006, 11:44 AM
so how does that mph limit work? Is the bike governed or does the rider just have to watch the speedo and not speed? Somehow that would just be hilarious if you got flagged for speeding- ON A RACE TRACK!!!

Russel Green
01-21-2006, 11:44 AM
so how does that mph limit work? Is the bike governed or does the rider just have to watch the speedo and not speed? Somehow that would just be hilarious if you got flagged for speeding- ON A RACE TRACK!!!

Walter Walker
01-21-2006, 02:48 PM
I forgot about this one. With BOD approval I would like to just go with "stock bike!!!!, and forget about the 50 MPH thing. Stand by. I'll see what I can do.

Walter Walker
01-21-2006, 02:48 PM
I forgot about this one. With BOD approval I would like to just go with "stock bike!!!!, and forget about the 50 MPH thing. Stand by. I'll see what I can do.

David Branyon
01-21-2006, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Russel Green # 347:
so how does that mph limit work? Is the bike governed or does the rider just have to watch the speedo and not speed? Somehow that would just be hilarious if you got flagged for speeding- ON A RACE TRACK!!! </div></div>It's a long, sad, messy story Russel. Be happy you don't know.

Thanks for following up Walter.

David Branyon
01-21-2006, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Russel Green # 347:
so how does that mph limit work? Is the bike governed or does the rider just have to watch the speedo and not speed? Somehow that would just be hilarious if you got flagged for speeding- ON A RACE TRACK!!! </div></div>It's a long, sad, messy story Russel. Be happy you don't know.

Thanks for following up Walter.

Russel Green
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM
seriously, can you get a ticket??? LMAO...

I bet that adds cost to a race weekend having to hire some biker cops to come setup speed traps...
I bet they like to hide behind the trees after #3 at OHR!!!!

Russel Green
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM
seriously, can you get a ticket??? LMAO...

I bet that adds cost to a race weekend having to hire some biker cops to come setup speed traps...
I bet they like to hide behind the trees after #3 at OHR!!!!

Christopher Corder
01-22-2006, 11:21 AM
The biker cop is Walter. You will seem him running around on an xr100 with the speed gun.

Just tell your kid to back off when he sees Walter. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Christopher Corder
01-22-2006, 11:21 AM
The biker cop is Walter. You will seem him running around on an xr100 with the speed gun.

Just tell your kid to back off when he sees Walter. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Bryan Altmeyer
02-16-2006, 06:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Walter Walker:
I forgot about this one. With BOD approval I would like to just go with "stock bike!!!!, and forget about the 50 MPH thing. Stand by. I'll see what I can do. </div></div>Any update yet?

Bryan Altmeyer
02-16-2006, 06:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Walter Walker:
I forgot about this one. With BOD approval I would like to just go with "stock bike!!!!, and forget about the 50 MPH thing. Stand by. I'll see what I can do. </div></div>Any update yet?

Nancy Selleck
02-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Stock bike. No mph limit.

Nancy Selleck
02-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Stock bike. No mph limit.