PDA

View Full Version : Front number visibility

lowfat_bry
02-14-2005, 09:31 PM
I have bodywork that has a number plate on the left front side of the bike. Does it need to cover the whole front end?

lowfat_bry
02-14-2005, 09:31 PM
I have bodywork that has a number plate on the left front side of the bike. Does it need to cover the whole front end?

02-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I also have a question about front plate numbers. The rule book specifies that the front plate numbers should be 8 inches high. I have looked at both dealers near me, and the largest they carry is 7 inch numbers. I have noticed that people seem to have different sizes of numbers on the front, so as long as they are clearly visible, is that ok? Are they going to take a ruler to the numbers in tech and not allow the bike to pass b/c of one inch?

02-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I also have a question about front plate numbers. The rule book specifies that the front plate numbers should be 8 inches high. I have looked at both dealers near me, and the largest they carry is 7 inch numbers. I have noticed that people seem to have different sizes of numbers on the front, so as long as they are clearly visible, is that ok? Are they going to take a ruler to the numbers in tech and not allow the bike to pass b/c of one inch?

JesseJohnson
02-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Bryan, unless it has the airscoop in the middle like a 636 or rc51, you should make it the whole front of your bike. David, 7" numbers should be fine.

The only thing I need to point out is that if your transponder fails and the manual scorers can't read your number, you are S.O.L.

Jess

JesseJohnson
02-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Bryan, unless it has the airscoop in the middle like a 636 or rc51, you should make it the whole front of your bike. David, 7" numbers should be fine.

The only thing I need to point out is that if your transponder fails and the manual scorers can't read your number, you are S.O.L.

Jess

Nancy Selleck
02-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Kim Walker, our Chief Manual Scorer has final say of all numbers on bikes.

She checks them out in tech in the morning...if they're not acceptable, she'll tell you and suggest a way to correct it.

Nancy Selleck
02-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Kim Walker, our Chief Manual Scorer has final say of all numbers on bikes.

She checks them out in tech in the morning...if they're not acceptable, she'll tell you and suggest a way to correct it.

Buck Beasley
02-16-2005, 08:48 PM
If the rule book says 8" couldn't you be protested? I mean if someone wanted to be that picky 'cause you beat them? Rules are rules right? My bike looks bad with the huge numbers but I'm not going to take the chance. What class are you in Bryan and David? LOL

Buck Beasley
02-16-2005, 08:48 PM
If the rule book says 8" couldn't you be protested? I mean if someone wanted to be that picky 'cause you beat them? Rules are rules right? My bike looks bad with the huge numbers but I'm not going to take the chance. What class are you in Bryan and David? LOL

Walter Walker
02-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey Buck,

I asked Walter about your protest question, although I'm certain that you were just kidding /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif , and he said that the size of numbers are not protestable. The guidelines in the rulebook are just that--"guidelines". Sometimes exceptions have to be made because of the shape and construction of the body work. Judegements will be made on an individual basis.

Bryan,

I don't mind the numbers sideways along the front fairing as long as I can still read them. Normally, the only time I score off of a side plate is because the front plate wasn't clear. Just keep in mind that when we go "backward" at Hallett, the numbers need to be on the appropriate background and on the right side of the bike, not the left.

See ya Saturday, bright and early, /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Kim Walker
Chief Manual Scorer

Walter Walker
02-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey Buck,

I asked Walter about your protest question, although I'm certain that you were just kidding /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif , and he said that the size of numbers are not protestable. The guidelines in the rulebook are just that--"guidelines". Sometimes exceptions have to be made because of the shape and construction of the body work. Judegements will be made on an individual basis.

Bryan,

I don't mind the numbers sideways along the front fairing as long as I can still read them. Normally, the only time I score off of a side plate is because the front plate wasn't clear. Just keep in mind that when we go "backward" at Hallett, the numbers need to be on the appropriate background and on the right side of the bike, not the left.

See ya Saturday, bright and early, /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Kim Walker
Chief Manual Scorer

02-17-2005, 12:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Buck Beasley:
If the rule book says 8" couldn't you be protested? I mean if someone wanted to be that picky 'cause you beat them? Rules are rules right? My bike looks bad with the huge numbers but I'm not going to take the chance. What class are you in Bryan and David? LOL </div></div>I don't think I'll be protested much... how often does the last place rider protest the next-to-last place rider's machine? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

02-17-2005, 12:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Buck Beasley:
If the rule book says 8" couldn't you be protested? I mean if someone wanted to be that picky 'cause you beat them? Rules are rules right? My bike looks bad with the huge numbers but I'm not going to take the chance. What class are you in Bryan and David? LOL </div></div>I don't think I'll be protested much... how often does the last place rider protest the next-to-last place rider's machine? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jim Falconi
02-18-2005, 06:30 AM
Buck,
8" numbers are easier to spot out in the tall grass. May i suggest 'safety orange' as a body work color so we can find you. LOL
see you sat. nite!!

Jim Falconi
02-18-2005, 06:30 AM
Buck,
8" numbers are easier to spot out in the tall grass. May i suggest 'safety orange' as a body work color so we can find you. LOL
see you sat. nite!!