PDA

View Full Version : Superstock Regs...

Tony Wang
04-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I was wondering, would a bike still qualify for superstock class if it's composed of different year model components?

For example, an '03 CBR600RR with '05 front end?

Tony Wang
04-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I was wondering, would a bike still qualify for superstock class if it's composed of different year model components?

For example, an '03 CBR600RR with '05 front end?

04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
According to Section 6.2 (i) of the rulebook, fork springs and internals may be changed, and fork caps can be replaced to allow external adjustment. It doesn't say anything about being able to change the entire front end, so I would say No.

Unless you're being effectively given this front end, I would say it would be much more worth your time and money to rework your stock forks.

04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
According to Section 6.2 (i) of the rulebook, fork springs and internals may be changed, and fork caps can be replaced to allow external adjustment. It doesn't say anything about being able to change the entire front end, so I would say No.

Unless you're being effectively given this front end, I would say it would be much more worth your time and money to rework your stock forks.

Tony Wang
04-05-2005, 01:36 PM
I guess what I'm confused about is the mixing and matching of interchangable parts from different year models of the same bike... It's one of those things that isn't clear in the rule book, or not clear to me at least.

Since both are stock parts but from different year models, wouldn't the resulting bike be considered stock?

Another example...
What about an '03 engine in an '05 chassis, both are stock with no modifications?

Tony Wang
04-05-2005, 01:36 PM
I guess what I'm confused about is the mixing and matching of interchangable parts from different year models of the same bike... It's one of those things that isn't clear in the rule book, or not clear to me at least.

Since both are stock parts but from different year models, wouldn't the resulting bike be considered stock?

Another example...
What about an '03 engine in an '05 chassis, both are stock with no modifications?

Nancy Selleck
04-05-2005, 06:03 PM
A stock bike refers to how it was sold on the showroom floor. Production.

You can't takes bits and parts from different year models, put them together and have a stock motorcycle.

Not stock parts...stock motorcycle.

Nancy Selleck
04-05-2005, 06:03 PM
A stock bike refers to how it was sold on the showroom floor. Production.

You can't takes bits and parts from different year models, put them together and have a stock motorcycle.

Not stock parts...stock motorcycle.

Bill Syfan
04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Generally, there is no updating or backdating of OEM parts allowed in Superstock, and the rulebook will have that clause in the future, however, the last line of the Superstock regulations currently covers it by saying "The items above constitute the entire realm of deviation from showroom stock for Superstock classes. If it does not mention you CAN do it, then you CAN NOT."

Bill Syfan
04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Generally, there is no updating or backdating of OEM parts allowed in Superstock, and the rulebook will have that clause in the future, however, the last line of the Superstock regulations currently covers it by saying "The items above constitute the entire realm of deviation from showroom stock for Superstock classes. If it does not mention you CAN do it, then you CAN NOT."

Bryan Norton
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Bill is spot on.

While CCS regulations are the opposite, CMRA and WERA are exactly as Bill mentioned. If it doesn't specifically say you can do it, then you can not.

While it may not be fair(er) to those who have models which benefit from improvements over the years, it would be impossible to police. You would have bikes that are a mish-mash of several different models/brand/types, and then people would start sprinking trick parts into the bikes.

Superstock should be as close to full-production but with a few performance allowances.
Everything else falls into Superbike and Formula.

Bryan Norton
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Bill is spot on.

While CCS regulations are the opposite, CMRA and WERA are exactly as Bill mentioned. If it doesn't specifically say you can do it, then you can not.

While it may not be fair(er) to those who have models which benefit from improvements over the years, it would be impossible to police. You would have bikes that are a mish-mash of several different models/brand/types, and then people would start sprinking trick parts into the bikes.

Superstock should be as close to full-production but with a few performance allowances.
Everything else falls into Superbike and Formula.

Tony Wang
04-06-2005, 01:39 AM
ah, gotcha...

thanks to everyone who help clear things up for me.

Tony Wang
04-06-2005, 01:39 AM
ah, gotcha...

thanks to everyone who help clear things up for me.

04-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Wouldn't it be ok if the parts that were swapped say came from a different year bike, but carry the same manufactor par #. For example, wheels. If I run a 99 SV650 and wad it in the rattlesnake, but get wheels from a 00 SV that should be ok? (Same part number at the dealer et al...)

04-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Wouldn't it be ok if the parts that were swapped say came from a different year bike, but carry the same manufactor par #. For example, wheels. If I run a 99 SV650 and wad it in the rattlesnake, but get wheels from a 00 SV that should be ok? (Same part number at the dealer et al...)

Bryan Norton
04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
If the parts are IDENTICAL in all aspects I don't see an issue. The issue comes when there is a benefit from the new part.

Bryan Norton
04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
If the parts are IDENTICAL in all aspects I don't see an issue. The issue comes when there is a benefit from the new part.

David Branyon
04-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah William, if they are identical even down to the part number, then how could anyone ever verify that they were from different year model bikes anyway? No problem there.

David Branyon
04-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah William, if they are identical even down to the part number, then how could anyone ever verify that they were from different year model bikes anyway? No problem there.

riskbreaker
04-10-2005, 04:54 AM
well the biggest diffrence that would get you nicked is the fact that the 05 has radial brakes and your '03 model didn't.

riskbreaker
04-10-2005, 04:54 AM
well the biggest diffrence that would get you nicked is the fact that the 05 has radial brakes and your '03 model didn't.

04-10-2005, 10:01 AM
um... I think the biggest difference is probably the inverted forks :p

04-10-2005, 10:01 AM
um... I think the biggest difference is probably the inverted forks :p