PDA

View Full Version : track day Friday before Oakhill Races

Pierson Callahan
05-04-2005, 05:37 AM
I was wondering I know that Oakhill is closed on the Friday before the races to put up the Airfence, and I know it is a lot of work, what if we had a half a day track day for all the people that came down early to help set up. Work in the morning ride in the afternoon? I know personally I would come down and help, and it would probably help the CMRA. Is this possible?

Pierson Callahan
05-04-2005, 05:37 AM
I was wondering I know that Oakhill is closed on the Friday before the races to put up the Airfence, and I know it is a lot of work, what if we had a half a day track day for all the people that came down early to help set up. Work in the morning ride in the afternoon? I know personally I would come down and help, and it would probably help the CMRA. Is this possible?

Patrick
05-04-2005, 08:15 AM
I'd be happy to help, as well as a couple of my crew.

Patrick

Patrick
05-04-2005, 08:15 AM
I'd be happy to help, as well as a couple of my crew.

Patrick

Jason Keene
05-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Relic Racing is in...

Jason Keene
05-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Relic Racing is in...

Buck Beasley
05-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Adrenalin Fiends are all over that!!!

Buck Beasley
05-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Adrenalin Fiends are all over that!!!

Pierson Callahan
05-05-2005, 06:15 AM
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?, Bueller?

Pierson Callahan
05-05-2005, 06:15 AM
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?, Bueller?

05-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I'd be up for that... never put up an airfence before...

05-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I'd be up for that... never put up an airfence before...

Buck Beasley
05-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Even if we can't ride the Fiends will be represented. I'd suggest that to all you guys as well. It's a great opportunity to walk the track and I have never failed to learn something about the track every time. And Walter is such a great guy to hang out with................?

Buck Beasley
05-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Even if we can't ride the Fiends will be represented. I'd suggest that to all you guys as well. It's a great opportunity to walk the track and I have never failed to learn something about the track every time. And Walter is such a great guy to hang out with................?

Pierson Callahan
05-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Calling out to the BODS, Anyone Anyone Anyone Bueller, Bueller????

Pierson Callahan
05-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Calling out to the BODS, Anyone Anyone Anyone Bueller, Bueller????

Derek Delpero
05-07-2005, 11:06 AM
If I remember correctly, it is a track policy to not allow anyone on the track the day before a race weekend.

Do a message board search and you should find an official response.

Derek Delpero
05-07-2005, 11:06 AM
If I remember correctly, it is a track policy to not allow anyone on the track the day before a race weekend.

Do a message board search and you should find an official response.

Pierson Callahan
05-09-2005, 07:42 AM
That is my understanding however I was trying to figure out if it would be possible to do a half work half track day the Friday before, maybe we could modifiy the rules to accept this.

Pierson Callahan
05-09-2005, 07:42 AM
That is my understanding however I was trying to figure out if it would be possible to do a half work half track day the Friday before, maybe we could modifiy the rules to accept this.

Pierson Callahan
05-17-2005, 10:43 AM
After consulting with the Fiends this past weekend we are in agreement that we would like to see this rule changed, is there any hope?

Pierson Callahan
05-17-2005, 10:43 AM
After consulting with the Fiends this past weekend we are in agreement that we would like to see this rule changed, is there any hope?

Tony Wang
05-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Help me Obi Wan Kenobi... You're our last hope.

Tony Wang
05-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Help me Obi Wan Kenobi... You're our last hope.

Steve McNamara
05-19-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll check on the official OHR rule about practice. I imagine it pertains to incidents that could prohibit the track from being "race ready" the following day.

A Friday event at OHR would be required to be run by the CMRA and Friday CMRA events are very hard on our staff. I'll bring this up to the BOD when we discuss next years schedule/events/facilities.

Steve McNamara
05-19-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll check on the official OHR rule about practice. I imagine it pertains to incidents that could prohibit the track from being "race ready" the following day.

A Friday event at OHR would be required to be run by the CMRA and Friday CMRA events are very hard on our staff. I'll bring this up to the BOD when we discuss next years schedule/events/facilities.

05-20-2005, 09:51 AM
hmmmm... maybe if we had some guys with some experience running trackdays to help out the CMRA staff... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

thanks Steve

05-20-2005, 09:51 AM
hmmmm... maybe if we had some guys with some experience running trackdays to help out the CMRA staff... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

thanks Steve

Pierson Callahan
05-20-2005, 01:00 PM
thanks Steve for looking into this, there is apperantly a few like minded people. It just seems there has got to be an equitable solution, the CMRA can get some help putting up the airfence and we can get a trackday in before the race weekend. Let me know how I can help. Maybe it can be a LSTD track day?

Pierson Callahan
05-20-2005, 01:00 PM
thanks Steve for looking into this, there is apperantly a few like minded people. It just seems there has got to be an equitable solution, the CMRA can get some help putting up the airfence and we can get a trackday in before the race weekend. Let me know how I can help. Maybe it can be a LSTD track day?

nnciderr
06-22-2005, 02:28 PM
"Was the jury able to reach a verdict?"

"We have your honor, we find a trackday before a race weekend to be....(BOD chimes in here)"

how bout it? anything come of this?

nnciderr
06-22-2005, 02:28 PM
"Was the jury able to reach a verdict?"

"We have your honor, we find a trackday before a race weekend to be....(BOD chimes in here)"

how bout it? anything come of this?

Norm McDonald
06-22-2005, 03:04 PM
The BOD is working on this, We may have an answer in the next 60 days. Sorry I can't tell you more at this time. Norm

Norm McDonald
06-22-2005, 03:04 PM
The BOD is working on this, We may have an answer in the next 60 days. Sorry I can't tell you more at this time. Norm

henrymtz
06-23-2005, 05:55 PM
+1 on the lstd idea... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

henrymtz
06-23-2005, 05:55 PM
+1 on the lstd idea... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Tony Wang
06-23-2005, 11:41 PM
wow, talk about making history. if LSTD were to organize a trackday at OHR, would that be the first trackday at OHR??? would it be open to the public or just CMRA racers?

Tony Wang
06-23-2005, 11:41 PM
wow, talk about making history. if LSTD were to organize a trackday at OHR, would that be the first trackday at OHR??? would it be open to the public or just CMRA racers?

Shane Zelm
06-24-2005, 12:43 AM
i'm not racing at oak hill. only track i won't make this year. i've never raced there, and since there is no practice or track day i'm not going to endanger myself or others by racing with only two practice sessions under my belt. i feel it is the right decision. we DO need a friday practice or trackday there. it's the only track without either. good luck and see you at tws.

Shane Zelm
06-24-2005, 12:43 AM
i'm not racing at oak hill. only track i won't make this year. i've never raced there, and since there is no practice or track day i'm not going to endanger myself or others by racing with only two practice sessions under my belt. i feel it is the right decision. we DO need a friday practice or trackday there. it's the only track without either. good luck and see you at tws.

Nancy Selleck
06-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Shane, Oak Hill is available to rent most any time. You just need to call and make arrangements with the track manager, Darryl Stach. CMRA licensed riders pay $75 for the day. There are no ambulances or cornerworkers on site, but you can practice all day long.

At this time there is no Friday practice before race weekends and there are no organized track days set up there either.

Nancy Selleck
06-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Shane, Oak Hill is available to rent most any time. You just need to call and make arrangements with the track manager, Darryl Stach. CMRA licensed riders pay $75 for the day. There are no ambulances or cornerworkers on site, but you can practice all day long.

At this time there is no Friday practice before race weekends and there are no organized track days set up there either.

Shane Zelm
06-25-2005, 03:46 AM
i like cornerworkers, and i especially like the ambulance. would be pretty wierd being the only one on the track and nobody around for miles. although i probably will rent it for a day if that's all it costs. thanks nancy.

Shane Zelm
06-25-2005, 03:46 AM
i like cornerworkers, and i especially like the ambulance. would be pretty wierd being the only one on the track and nobody around for miles. although i probably will rent it for a day if that's all it costs. thanks nancy.

wsb742
06-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Shane, I like those things, too. You'll usually find fellow racers setting up days to meet at OHR so you have someone else to look out for you and call for help if needed. It's not quite as good as having an ambulance right there, but it beats being out there all alone.

Scott

wsb742
06-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Shane, I like those things, too. You'll usually find fellow racers setting up days to meet at OHR so you have someone else to look out for you and call for help if needed. It's not quite as good as having an ambulance right there, but it beats being out there all alone.

Scott

06-27-2005, 09:06 AM
just to clarify... you CANNOT ride out there all alone. If you don't bring someone with you, you must wait for some other riders to show up before getting on the track. I'm pretty sure if you are found riding alone you will be asked to leave and not return.

06-27-2005, 09:06 AM
just to clarify... you CANNOT ride out there all alone. If you don't bring someone with you, you must wait for some other riders to show up before getting on the track. I'm pretty sure if you are found riding alone you will be asked to leave and not return.