PDA

View Full Version : Meatballs

William Guthrie
10-07-2005, 06:25 AM
First of all I would like to thank all the CMRA staff for a great season as well as participants, I've enjoyed meeting most of you and look forward to the economic crisis that will ensue this next season.

So here's the deal, I was going to let this blow over but the more I think about it the more I'd like some feedback as to a policy change perspective.

Sunday, race #3 (TWS Oct 2nd), SuperStock B Novice, I was grided in second wave because I'm a novice. Green Flag drops, I'm on my way only to see another flag out of the corner of my eye on the right indicating I'd jumped the start later to get meatballed. 2 problems with this:
1) I don't think I did - yeah, right what ever.
2) The gentleman that said I jumped the start is also the one that checks the grid and holds the riders for second wave. My concern is that if he's at the same level (viewing) as me then how does he determine who's jumping the start and who's not? If he's paying attention to the green flag then physically he can't focus on the riders.

William Guthrie
10-07-2005, 06:25 AM
First of all I would like to thank all the CMRA staff for a great season as well as participants, I've enjoyed meeting most of you and look forward to the economic crisis that will ensue this next season.

So here's the deal, I was going to let this blow over but the more I think about it the more I'd like some feedback as to a policy change perspective.

Sunday, race #3 (TWS Oct 2nd), SuperStock B Novice, I was grided in second wave because I'm a novice. Green Flag drops, I'm on my way only to see another flag out of the corner of my eye on the right indicating I'd jumped the start later to get meatballed. 2 problems with this:
1) I don't think I did - yeah, right what ever.
2) The gentleman that said I jumped the start is also the one that checks the grid and holds the riders for second wave. My concern is that if he's at the same level (viewing) as me then how does he determine who's jumping the start and who's not? If he's paying attention to the green flag then physically he can't focus on the riders.

Walter Walker
10-07-2005, 07:47 AM
There are approximately 6 to 8 sets of official eyes on the start of each race. At least 2 of those officials must agree that a rider jumped to have that rider meatballed.

Walter Walker
10-07-2005, 07:47 AM
There are approximately 6 to 8 sets of official eyes on the start of each race. At least 2 of those officials must agree that a rider jumped to have that rider meatballed.