PDA

View Full Version : LSTD - Friday, July 29th @ Texas World Speedway - Secure Online Registration....

Jeff Grant
06-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Secure Online Registration for the July 29th track day at TWS will be opening on Wednesday morning (tomorrow) at 10:00 am.

This track day is the Friday before the CMRA race weekend so spots will be at a premium.

TWS and MSR are now charging us a weekend rate for all Friday events... so we will be increasing the price for these events by $10 bucks.

See you at the track!

www.LoneStarTrackDays.com (http://www.lonestartrackdays.com)

Jeff Grant
06-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Secure Online Registration for the July 29th track day at TWS will be opening on Wednesday morning (tomorrow) at 10:00 am.

This track day is the Friday before the CMRA race weekend so spots will be at a premium.

TWS and MSR are now charging us a weekend rate for all Friday events... so we will be increasing the price for these events by $10 bucks.

See you at the track!

www.LoneStarTrackDays.com (http://www.lonestartrackdays.com)

Tony Wang
06-28-2005, 02:33 PM
I guess no early reg for CMRA racers this time, huh?

Tony Wang
06-28-2005, 02:33 PM
I guess no early reg for CMRA racers this time, huh?

Jeff Grant
06-28-2005, 02:49 PM
With our day jobs, scheduling and other stuff you don't need to be bored with, this is what we could do. I posted it on this board only. After a day or two, I'll spread the word elsewhere.

Jeff Grant
06-28-2005, 02:49 PM
With our day jobs, scheduling and other stuff you don't need to be bored with, this is what we could do. I posted it on this board only. After a day or two, I'll spread the word elsewhere.

Tony Wang
06-28-2005, 04:45 PM
So are you saying that the registration that will start tomorrow morning at 10am is not open to the public?

Tony Wang
06-28-2005, 04:45 PM
So are you saying that the registration that will start tomorrow morning at 10am is not open to the public?

06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I think he just means that he's not going to announce it on a bunch of other boards ahead of time, just this one.

06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I think he just means that he's not going to announce it on a bunch of other boards ahead of time, just this one.

Jeff Grant
06-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Correct... what David said... thanks. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Jeff Grant
06-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Correct... what David said... thanks. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Tony Wang
06-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Ah gotcha... Thanks for the clearifications guys. It's been one of those days... oops... lol...

Tony Wang
06-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Ah gotcha... Thanks for the clearifications guys. It's been one of those days... oops... lol...

Jeff Grant
06-28-2005, 10:40 PM
It's all good!

Jeff Grant
06-28-2005, 10:40 PM
It's all good!

Keith Hertell
06-29-2005, 03:38 PM
3:30 and it's FULL!!!!

WTF? I say no street bikes before a race weekend PERIOD!

Keith Hertell
06-29-2005, 03:38 PM
3:30 and it's FULL!!!!

WTF? I say no street bikes before a race weekend PERIOD!

David Milner
06-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Maybe they could add a session for CMRA racers only and not include the aggressive street riders in that session?

Or limit down the other sessions, not having a C group and having 2 racer sessions?

Just thoughts,

David

David Milner
06-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Maybe they could add a session for CMRA racers only and not include the aggressive street riders in that session?

Or limit down the other sessions, not having a C group and having 2 racer sessions?

Just thoughts,

David

Steve McNamara
06-29-2005, 10:31 PM
David,

Traditionaly there have never been enough interested racers to fill two groups.
We tried/we failed.

Steve McNamara
06-29-2005, 10:31 PM
David,

Traditionaly there have never been enough interested racers to fill two groups.
We tried/we failed.

David Milner
06-29-2005, 11:02 PM
I can definitely relate to that.

I've been turned away TWICE from registration to get into the license school to be told that there aren't enough slots on the track. Even once a comparison to a grandma's riding style to my own. but be that as it may, I know the rules of showing up on a friday before a race weekend, and I went ahead and set up the pit for my riders.

I will admit my lack of knowledge on the history of LSTD and it's interaction with CMRA, but with the burst of new riders, has it been explored since it's failure?

With my limited knowledge of the history, and of your comment that this has been tried before. Has it been tried lately?

I will apologize in advance for my ignorance, but this is, afterall, a learning experience.

David Milner
06-29-2005, 11:02 PM
I can definitely relate to that.

I've been turned away TWICE from registration to get into the license school to be told that there aren't enough slots on the track. Even once a comparison to a grandma's riding style to my own. but be that as it may, I know the rules of showing up on a friday before a race weekend, and I went ahead and set up the pit for my riders.

I will admit my lack of knowledge on the history of LSTD and it's interaction with CMRA, but with the burst of new riders, has it been explored since it's failure?

With my limited knowledge of the history, and of your comment that this has been tried before. Has it been tried lately?

I will apologize in advance for my ignorance, but this is, afterall, a learning experience.

vduc
07-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Not paying attention again on my part, now all that's left is beginner group. I'll settle for Intermediate Rider Group (B), is there any chance of getting in?

I'll even buy a shirt... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Vito

vduc
07-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Not paying attention again on my part, now all that's left is beginner group. I'll settle for Intermediate Rider Group (B), is there any chance of getting in?

I'll even buy a shirt... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Vito

ryanhoke
07-07-2005, 08:13 AM
I have already asked Wade to put me on a wait list for any cancellations for B group. Not sure he wants to maintain a wait list but you might ask.

To any LSTD officials reading this: It seems to me CMRA is swelling so your race weekend track days need to be restructured if you want to effectively service CMRA weekends. The supply/demand curve seems out of balance. Perhaps 2 groups will not work but would you consider this:

Drop C group for race weekends. With so much demand for race practice it doesn't make sense. Beginners can catch another date with LSTD or RideSmart. For a race weekend, redistribute A and B into 3 race weekend categories.
EX - The true experts, purse chasers.
EV - Slower experts and fast novices.
NV - Slower novices and non-racers.

Please consider this as I believe it is reasonable and better reflects current supply/demand.

ryanhoke
07-07-2005, 08:13 AM
I have already asked Wade to put me on a wait list for any cancellations for B group. Not sure he wants to maintain a wait list but you might ask.

To any LSTD officials reading this: It seems to me CMRA is swelling so your race weekend track days need to be restructured if you want to effectively service CMRA weekends. The supply/demand curve seems out of balance. Perhaps 2 groups will not work but would you consider this:

Drop C group for race weekends. With so much demand for race practice it doesn't make sense. Beginners can catch another date with LSTD or RideSmart. For a race weekend, redistribute A and B into 3 race weekend categories.
EX - The true experts, purse chasers.
EV - Slower experts and fast novices.
NV - Slower novices and non-racers.

Please consider this as I believe it is reasonable and better reflects current supply/demand.

Bob Cronin
07-07-2005, 12:04 PM
You could always corner work half the day and run the other half! Half is better than nothing.

Bob Cronin
07-07-2005, 12:04 PM
You could always corner work half the day and run the other half! Half is better than nothing.

Igal
07-07-2005, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Bob Cronin:
You could always corner work half the day and run the other half! Half is better than nothing. </div></div>is there always an open invitation to do so? id be allover that...

Igal
07-07-2005, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Bob Cronin:
You could always corner work half the day and run the other half! Half is better than nothing. </div></div>is there always an open invitation to do so? id be allover that...

Christopher Corder
07-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Although noble, the notion that Friday LSTD days were put in place to serve CMRA members cannot be correct. LSTD is a commercial enterprise and as such should book their days as quickly as possible, regardless of the type of customer.

The only thing I dont like is the glut of non-racers, of which many stay through the weekend, swelling an already filled paddock on Fridays. Based on the last TWS event, I will probalby set up my EZ up in Bryan. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Christopher Corder
07-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Although noble, the notion that Friday LSTD days were put in place to serve CMRA members cannot be correct. LSTD is a commercial enterprise and as such should book their days as quickly as possible, regardless of the type of customer.

The only thing I dont like is the glut of non-racers, of which many stay through the weekend, swelling an already filled paddock on Fridays. Based on the last TWS event, I will probalby set up my EZ up in Bryan. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jason Keene
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Corder.... you candy A$$

If you weren't such a snob people might share space with you...

OOOPs... I thought this was the smack thread.

Jason Keene
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Corder.... you candy A$$

If you weren't such a snob people might share space with you...

OOOPs... I thought this was the smack thread.

ryanhoke
07-07-2005, 05:19 PM
In the end the bills must be paid, I understand this. I just think my proposal would accomplish this and address the reality of the damand for track time on a CMRA Friday. As it is there are still 10 C spots left and I bet if it was partitioned like I had proposed it would be full.

Expanding on my idea:
EX and EV would be regular license racer only due to their respective pace.
NV would be for slower novices who are realistic about their skill, provnovs, CMRA School and non-racers who would otherwise ride in B group. This leaves an opening for some non-racers, just no C group on a CMRA weekend.

How about another idea for CMRA Fridays: 4 groups? Yikes. Really, most sprints don't last more than 15 minutes anyway. I am bracing for impact.

I don't want to discourage anyone from coming out whether to race, help or just watch but this is a logistical problem that is only going to get worse. I just recently joined myself adding to the problem.

LSTD Types: Would you consider this? Pretty please with a transponder on top?

ryanhoke
07-07-2005, 05:19 PM
In the end the bills must be paid, I understand this. I just think my proposal would accomplish this and address the reality of the damand for track time on a CMRA Friday. As it is there are still 10 C spots left and I bet if it was partitioned like I had proposed it would be full.

Expanding on my idea:
EX and EV would be regular license racer only due to their respective pace.
NV would be for slower novices who are realistic about their skill, provnovs, CMRA School and non-racers who would otherwise ride in B group. This leaves an opening for some non-racers, just no C group on a CMRA weekend.

How about another idea for CMRA Fridays: 4 groups? Yikes. Really, most sprints don't last more than 15 minutes anyway. I am bracing for impact.

I don't want to discourage anyone from coming out whether to race, help or just watch but this is a logistical problem that is only going to get worse. I just recently joined myself adding to the problem.

LSTD Types: Would you consider this? Pretty please with a transponder on top?

Steve McNamara
07-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey guys Thanks for your suggestions and input.
The 10, C group spots for the 29th are now down to 3.
Jeff is off in Mexico sunning his hair "inside joke" so the website numbers are a little off.

We already have some neat stuff planned in 2006 and you'll surely see changes in some of our events.

Chris,

We police the paddock pretty heavily when the CMRA takes control of the track and there were only "numbered bikes" that we saw in the pit spaces after we shut down. Everyone leaves then re-enters to pay the CMRA by 6:00.
If we have Friday events next season you may see a riders list at the gate to "be allowed" into the trackday. Everyone else lines up at the gate line like they always do at TWS/6:00pm.
Logistically each track is quite different in it's gate policys.
We show up to MSR on a Thursday night before our Friday event and half the pit spaces are already gone. 50% of them stayed empty through our track day. It's a membership establishment and the gates during the weekday are always open.
At Hallet you pay the admission fee on Thurs. or Friday AM depending on when you show up for the Friday practice day and your armband is good throughout the weekend.
Something like that may be possible.
We'll keep you guys in touch with our plans.
Thanks.................

Steve McNamara
07-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey guys Thanks for your suggestions and input.
The 10, C group spots for the 29th are now down to 3.
Jeff is off in Mexico sunning his hair "inside joke" so the website numbers are a little off.

We already have some neat stuff planned in 2006 and you'll surely see changes in some of our events.

Chris,

We police the paddock pretty heavily when the CMRA takes control of the track and there were only "numbered bikes" that we saw in the pit spaces after we shut down. Everyone leaves then re-enters to pay the CMRA by 6:00.
If we have Friday events next season you may see a riders list at the gate to "be allowed" into the trackday. Everyone else lines up at the gate line like they always do at TWS/6:00pm.
Logistically each track is quite different in it's gate policys.
We show up to MSR on a Thursday night before our Friday event and half the pit spaces are already gone. 50% of them stayed empty through our track day. It's a membership establishment and the gates during the weekday are always open.
At Hallet you pay the admission fee on Thurs. or Friday AM depending on when you show up for the Friday practice day and your armband is good throughout the weekend.
Something like that may be possible.
We'll keep you guys in touch with our plans.
Thanks.................