PDA

View Full Version : LSTD: Monday, Oct. 17th @ TMR + Gordon Bradeen benefit info...

Jeff Grant
10-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Secure Online Registration will be opening at 2pm today. This particular event is a very special one because 100% of the profits will be going to fellow track day rider and CMRA racer, Gordon Bradeen. Gordon was seriously injured during a race weekend back in June and has a long, long road to recovery and needs help.

This event has two parts:

Sunday, Oct. 16th
From 2pm to 6pm, everyone is invited to get together and hang out at The Motorsport Ranch for some BBQ, beer and more. We are giving people the opportunity to have a BBQ plate ready and waiting for them for only $15. This small fee can be paid online so all you have to do is show up, eat, drink and be merry.

There will also be a silent auction for some really cool stuff plus the opportunity to win a brand new CRF50, courtesy of Bob Lunsford's Northwest Honda. If you are riding the track day, then your name is automatically entered in the drawing!

Click here for more information + more chances to win! (http://www.lstd.com/html/gordon37.html)

Monday, Oct. 17th
The following day will be just like every other track day we run with three riding Groups, etc. There is an added bonus though: you will be able to rent a transponder via the CMRA for $30 and get your lap times printed out for the entire day!!! This fee goes directly to Gordon's cause and can be paid at the track.

Again, click here for more information! (http://www.lstd.com/html/gordon37.html)

For any further questions, feel free to contact me about what will be a great event weekend!

jeff@lstd.com

(edit for Gordon) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Jeff Grant
10-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Secure Online Registration will be opening at 2pm today. This particular event is a very special one because 100% of the profits will be going to fellow track day rider and CMRA racer, Gordon Bradeen. Gordon was seriously injured during a race weekend back in June and has a long, long road to recovery and needs help.

This event has two parts:

Sunday, Oct. 16th
From 2pm to 6pm, everyone is invited to get together and hang out at The Motorsport Ranch for some BBQ, beer and more. We are giving people the opportunity to have a BBQ plate ready and waiting for them for only $15. This small fee can be paid online so all you have to do is show up, eat, drink and be merry.

There will also be a silent auction for some really cool stuff plus the opportunity to win a brand new CRF50, courtesy of Bob Lunsford's Northwest Honda. If you are riding the track day, then your name is automatically entered in the drawing!

Click here for more information + more chances to win! (http://www.lstd.com/html/gordon37.html)

Monday, Oct. 17th
The following day will be just like every other track day we run with three riding Groups, etc. There is an added bonus though: you will be able to rent a transponder via the CMRA for $30 and get your lap times printed out for the entire day!!! This fee goes directly to Gordon's cause and can be paid at the track.

Again, click here for more information! (http://www.lstd.com/html/gordon37.html)

For any further questions, feel free to contact me about what will be a great event weekend!

jeff@lstd.com

(edit for Gordon) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

rusty_27
10-04-2005, 08:59 AM
what tire vendors will be there?I'm a lil unprepared at the moment

rusty_27
10-04-2005, 08:59 AM
what tire vendors will be there?I'm a lil unprepared at the moment

Jeff Grant
10-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Jermal,

Our typical tire vendor will be there... South Central Race Center who carries Dunlop and Bridgestone.

Both SCRC and David Hirsch of Michelin has been kind enough to donate a set of rubber to the silent auction... so you have a chance to win those as well. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jeff Grant
10-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Jermal,

Our typical tire vendor will be there... South Central Race Center who carries Dunlop and Bridgestone.

Both SCRC and David Hirsch of Michelin has been kind enough to donate a set of rubber to the silent auction... so you have a chance to win those as well. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jeff Grant
10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Remember... when you sign-up for the Oct. 17th track day, your are AUTOMATICALLY entered into the drawing to with the new Honda CRF50 from Bob Lunsford's Northwest Honda.

Basically, for every $100 you donate, your name goes into the drawing another time.

On the sign-up page, you also have the option to donate an additional $70... totally $200 and adding your name TWICE to raffle. Just wanted that to be clear.

Jeff Grant
10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Remember... when you sign-up for the Oct. 17th track day, your are AUTOMATICALLY entered into the drawing to with the new Honda CRF50 from Bob Lunsford's Northwest Honda.

Basically, for every $100 you donate, your name goes into the drawing another time.

On the sign-up page, you also have the option to donate an additional $70... totally $200 and adding your name TWICE to raffle. Just wanted that to be clear.

Nancy Selleck
10-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Okay, I've ordered my BBQ dinner, but how do I make a donation if I'm not participating in the track day?

Since I'll be there both days, can I just do it then?

Nancy Selleck
10-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Okay, I've ordered my BBQ dinner, but how do I make a donation if I'm not participating in the track day?

Since I'll be there both days, can I just do it then?

Jeff Grant
10-06-2005, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

Since I'll be there both days, can I just do it then? </div></div>You can do it then and donate any dollar amount you choose.

OR

Most people now know that for every $100 donated their name goes into the drawing for the new Honda CRF50 from Bob Lunsford's Northwest Honda. People who are riding the track day are already entered at least once.

However, for people who are not riding and want to donate more, therefore, increasing their chances to win the motorcycle drawing, they can go here and donate in $100 increments:

https://www.lonestartrackdays.com/race/donation101705.shtml

Jeff Grant
10-06-2005, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:

Since I'll be there both days, can I just do it then? </div></div>You can do it then and donate any dollar amount you choose.

OR

Most people now know that for every $100 donated their name goes into the drawing for the new Honda CRF50 from Bob Lunsford's Northwest Honda. People who are riding the track day are already entered at least once.

However, for people who are not riding and want to donate more, therefore, increasing their chances to win the motorcycle drawing, they can go here and donate in $100 increments:

https://www.lonestartrackdays.com/race/donation101705.shtml

Nancy Selleck
10-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Excellent!

Thanks, Jeff!

Nancy Selleck
10-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Excellent!

Thanks, Jeff!

Michael Parmley
10-07-2005, 01:43 AM
What direction are we running clockwise or counter?

Michael Parmley
10-07-2005, 01:43 AM
What direction are we running clockwise or counter?

Jeff Grant
10-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Michael... counter-clockwise... or "regular" direction. Peace!

Jeff Grant
10-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Michael... counter-clockwise... or "regular" direction. Peace!

wsb742
10-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Woohoo! Left turns. Watch NASCAR to get ready.................

wsb742
10-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Woohoo! Left turns. Watch NASCAR to get ready.................

Jeff Grant
10-07-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm ready!

http://www.randomimage.us/files/41e6efb2e6918.jpg

Jeff Grant
10-07-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm ready!

http://www.randomimage.us/files/41e6efb2e6918.jpg

rusty_27
10-13-2005, 04:25 AM
can you bring your own transponder or is it soley for the GB benefit thetranspomder being rented?

rusty_27
10-13-2005, 04:25 AM
can you bring your own transponder or is it soley for the GB benefit thetranspomder being rented?

Steve McNamara
10-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Bring your own transponder but "donate some $$$$"
for lap time sheets.................

Steve McNamara
10-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Bring your own transponder but "donate some $$$$"
for lap time sheets.................

rusty_27
10-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks.I think it is a good idea overall.I think you could get more from a track with knowing your lap times.(But then I guess it becomes a sprint race instead of a trackday!)

rusty_27
10-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks.I think it is a good idea overall.I think you could get more from a track with knowing your lap times.(But then I guess it becomes a sprint race instead of a trackday!)

Russel Green
10-13-2005, 10:24 PM
time sheets are important... they let you track your progress and compare race lines, break markers, suspension setups, and overall confidence. Sometimes the "I felt faster" actually ment you picked a worse line and had to dig harder to keep it on the track and it slowed you down. It's a hard concept while on the track but even in your races you should never try and race "that guy". Focus on your own markers, your own lines. If you start paying attention to him then you'll use HIS markers and HIS lines and either stay behind him ALL race cause your doing exactly what he does or find youself in the grass cause he is much better in one specific turn then you. Pretend your by yourself during your race. Compare your times to learn what actually worked on track days.

Just tips that I've picked up my first few times out.

Russel Green
10-13-2005, 10:24 PM
time sheets are important... they let you track your progress and compare race lines, break markers, suspension setups, and overall confidence. Sometimes the "I felt faster" actually ment you picked a worse line and had to dig harder to keep it on the track and it slowed you down. It's a hard concept while on the track but even in your races you should never try and race "that guy". Focus on your own markers, your own lines. If you start paying attention to him then you'll use HIS markers and HIS lines and either stay behind him ALL race cause your doing exactly what he does or find youself in the grass cause he is much better in one specific turn then you. Pretend your by yourself during your race. Compare your times to learn what actually worked on track days.

Just tips that I've picked up my first few times out.