PDA

View Full Version : Ducati 899 Belly Pan

Jeff Reinke
02-06-2017, 09:05 PM
I plan on taking the license course at Houston in a few weeks and I will be riding a 2015 ducati 899. First question I have is: Do I need a belly pan to take the license course? I haven't been able to find one that fits around the stock exhaust. Second question: Do I need to take off the side stand? Third question: Can I use the ethylene glycol coolant or do I have to use something else? I know the answer is yes to all these questions for actual race setup. Just wondering if I need to do this to take the class. I have been doing track days for several years but new to racing.

Danny Dominguez
02-06-2017, 10:15 PM
I plan on taking the license course at Houston in a few weeks and I will be riding a 2015 ducati 899. First question I have is: Do I need a belly pan to take the license course? I haven't been able to find one that fits around the stock exhaust. Second question: Do I need to take off the side stand? Third question: Can I use the ethylene glycol coolant or do I have to use something else? I know the answer is yes to all these questions for actual race setup. Just wondering if I need to do this to take the class. I have been doing track days for several years but new to racing.IF you are doing only the license school and mock race a trackday prep is fine...wire the oil drain plug , filler cap, hose clamp the oil filter and tape up the lights mirrors....drain that coolant and use water...any other questions feel free to call me 405-210-0398 I work at night so im available for sure between now and 7am

Jeff Reinke
02-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Thanks Danny.