PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Schedule?

Andy Rutkus
01-10-2018, 12:38 PM
This year will be my first full season so im definitely no expert on the inner workings of the club, and im not trying to ruffle feathers or anything like that im just curious to know if the idea of a rotating schedule has ever been tossed around or explored if its even logistically possible. What i mean is for example; Rnd 1 Friday would be practice/race school - Saturday would be Endurance/ULW Sprints - Sunday would be sprints as normal but than for Rnd 2 Saturday and Sunday would rotate and it would continue rotating the rest of the year. The way it currently is set up guys and gals who only race on Sundays if they want to practice on Friday are forced to stay an extra day on Saturday unless they are local to the track that round. I dont know what the makeup of the club is (how many race Sat&Sun vs just Sat or just Sun). I know the majority of the club resides in Texas and with 2 Hallett rounds and 2 Nola rounds it would seem fair to have the schedule rotate for those ones especially. But like i said, im sure all this has been explored as the club seems very proactive about stuff like this im just being curious as to the reasoning.

Walter Walker
01-10-2018, 08:51 PM
This year will be my first full season so im definitely no expert on the inner workings of the club, and im not trying to ruffle feathers or anything like that im just curious to know if the idea of a rotating schedule has ever been tossed around or explored if its even logistically possible. What i mean is for example; Rnd 1 Friday would be practice/race school - Saturday would be Endurance/ULW Sprints - Sunday would be sprints as normal but than for Rnd 2 Saturday and Sunday would rotate and it would continue rotating the rest of the year. The way it currently is set up guys and gals who only race on Sundays if they want to practice on Friday are forced to stay an extra day on Saturday unless they are local to the track that round. I dont know what the makeup of the club is (how many race Sat&Sun vs just Sat or just Sun). I know the majority of the club resides in Texas and with 2 Hallett rounds and 2 Nola rounds it would seem fair to have the schedule rotate for those ones especially. But like i said, im sure all this has been explored as the club seems very proactive about stuff like this im just being curious as to the reasoning.

Andy, we’ve looked at rotating Saturday and Sunday several times but we feel that the current format works the best.

David_Gonzalez
01-11-2018, 07:18 PM
I think is a great idea..
I think there is more riders riding both sprints and endurance, there is no difference to stay or not an extra day, but for all the other portion of the club not doing endurance that dead Saturday would be much easier if rotated every once in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Mathews
01-11-2018, 09:33 PM
I would LOVE to have one of my weekend days back. If you sprint only, you get boned every single race. At least if it swapped in some way (by weekend or by year), it would spread the love around.

Joe Lopez
01-11-2018, 11:14 PM
Or, at least swap the two "far" tracks.
Like NOLA and Hallett.
That way an extra day off won't have to be taken for the ride back home since I'll already be taking an extra day to go there.

Brandon Orr
01-12-2018, 08:20 AM
A lot of people ride Saturday only for practice. You switch that and the club will lose it's ***.
Plus I can't say, Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!

Cody Stewart
01-12-2018, 08:55 AM
A lot of people ride Saturday only for practice. You switch that and the club will lose it's ***.

This seems to be the real reason, but there's nothing wrong with that. I'd rather stay the extra day and not have fees go up.

Fox Schaffer
01-12-2018, 01:51 PM

B, I think this view is very short sighted?! Consider folks that cannot race in the afternoon Sunday because of work Monday, if there were Sprints on a Saturday, ALL that lost revenue you discuss, would be recovered in additional entrees into an afternoon on Saturday because they can chill their way back home on Sunday morning or Saturday evening. No matter which side of this debate you fall on, there's ALWAYS two sides to every discussion (or more). ;)

Ps I'll NEVER stop you from saying, Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!" LOL, also, not having that dead day of extra hotel night, food, etc. and having a Sunday to relax every now and again would be refreshing to say the least!!!

Jordan Pence
01-12-2018, 02:46 PM
B, I think this view is very short sighted?! Consider folks that cannot race in the afternoon Sunday because of work Monday, if there were Sprints on a Saturday, ALL that lost revenue you discuss, would be recovered in additional entrees into an afternoon on Saturday because they can chill their way back home on Sunday morning or Saturday evening. No matter which side of this debate you fall on, there's ALWAYS two sides to every discussion (or more). ;)

Ps I'll NEVER stop you from saying, Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!" LOL, also, not having that dead day of extra hotel night, food, etc. and having a Sunday to relax every now and again would be refreshing to say the least!!!

It increases Saturday participation. There are a lot of people who got into endurance racing, ULTW racing, S30, and T60 because what else are they doing on saturday.

Fox Schaffer
01-12-2018, 03:14 PM
It increases Saturday participation. There are a lot of people who got into endurance racing, ULTW racing, S30, and T60 because what else are they doing on saturday.

I don't disagree at all Jordan, I'm simply saying there's always at least two sides to every discussion...and in Brandon's point, any revenue lost, would be gained in a different way. You seem to LOVE the new elimination of the F40 classes, but here, you fight the change?! #confusing ....oh wait, no you just like to disagree with me LOL, it's because I said I loved Keith isn't it??? Ok Jordan ,you KNOW I love you and your brother too!!!

Walter Walker
01-12-2018, 03:21 PM
The primary reason that we use the current structure is because traditionally Saturday is our long day. Often times we race till 6:30 or later on Saturday. In contrast we generally finish up on Sunday around 5:30 and with this seasons revised Sunday schedule hopefully we will be able to shave a little more time off of that. That will get everyone on the road home sooner and save money in the overtime hours that the tracks charge. It just makes more sense to run long on Saturday than on Sunday since most members have work or school on Mondays.

Jordan Pence
01-12-2018, 03:27 PM
I don't disagree at all Jordan, I'm simply saying there's always at least two sides to every discussion...and in Brandon's point, any revenue lost, would be gained in a different way. You seem to LOVE the new elimination of the F40 classes, but here, you fight the change?! #confusing ....oh wait, no you just like to disagree with me LOL, it's because I said I loved Keith isn't it??? Ok Jordan ,you KNOW I love you and your brother too!!!I just like to disagree with the Fox. And I like my extra seat time from endurance for my sprints :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fox Schaffer
01-14-2018, 03:06 PM
I just like to disagree with the Fox. And I like my extra seat time from endurance for my sprints :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KNEW IT!!! LOL :D

Fox Schaffer
01-14-2018, 03:07 PM
The primary reason that we use the current structure is because traditionally Saturday is our long day. Often times we race till 6:30 or later on Saturday. In contrast we generally finish up on Sunday around 5:30 and with this seasons revised Sunday schedule hopefully we will be able to shave a little more time off of that. That will get everyone on the road home sooner and save money in the overtime hours that the tracks charge. It just makes more sense to run long on Saturday than on Sunday since most members have work or school on Mondays.

Thanks for the explanation, makes total sense!