• Involvement RSS Feed


    The CMRA is a not-for-profit organization, run by and for the membership with approximately 650 members. The CMRA is governed by a seven member Board of Directors, 2-3 of whom are elected each year to a three year term by a vote of the full membership. Daily operations are run by the CMRA Administrator, Alex Howard, and at-track race day operations are run by the CMRA Race Director, Walter Walker. The CMRA holds motorcycle road races in the South Central region of the United States with competitive classes for most sport motorcycles and for racers from age 8 and up. The CMRA has both individual sprint and endurance team racing programs. The 2018 racing season includes 9 weekend events from February through October.

    Associate Member

    Associate Members are allowed volunteer participation as a race official and are allowed to be the owner or captain of an endurance race team. Associate Members have full voting rights, posting privileges on the CMRA Message Board, and discounts at many CMRA supporting vendors. This level of membership does not include riding privileges of any kind.
    Fees paid by Associate Members wishing to upgrade during the year will be applied toward the Full Membership (competition license) fees.

    Full Member (Competition License)

    Full membership is required to race in CMRA events. This is a CMRA competition license and includes all of the above, plus riding privileges which includes race number, trophies and an opportunity to win contingency awards and prize money.


    CMRA membership is not required to be a corner worker. Get close to the action and make a difference. Teams of corner workers are stationed around the track and receive direction by two-way radio from Race Control. Corner workers signal racers with caution flags when directed and provide information to Race Control about track conditions. Corner workers receive training, lunch and refreshments on race day, are paid a stipend and have the best seat in the house for watching the action.
    For more information or to sign-up to corner work please read the information posted in the Corner Worker Information Forum of the Message Board. Membership is not required to view and post on this forum.

    READ THIS FIRST - How to Sign-Up on the Corner Worker Forum

    Go to the Corner Worker Forum


    To race with the CMRA you must take the CMRA License School and purchase a license. Riders that do not have experience with closed-course competition are encouraged to participate in any of the numerous track days available to non-racers to gain experience and decide if racing is the sport for you.

    The CMRA License School is offered on Friday at every CMRA weekend event and at approved Track Day Organziations at various times and locations throughout the year. The current 2018 list of approved Track Day Organizations include: RideSmart Motorcycle School, Sport Rider Coaching, and VonHertell Racing School. The school's main purpose is to prepare newcomers for their first race. To take the CMRA License School you will be required to wear full protective equipment, but your motorcycle is not required to be fully race prepared. More information, including schedules and locations can be found by visiting their websites. Advance registration for the CMRA License School is strongly encouraged.

    Upon graduation from the License School and purchase of a CMRA License you will be immediately eligible to race with the CMRA as a Provisional Novice. Within one year of the school you must complete two weekends of successful racing (minimum of two races per weekend) and two days of corner working to be promoted to the full Novice level. More information about licensing and equipment requirements can be found in the CMRA Rule Book or by contacting the CMRA.

    For complete detailed info about Provisional Novice Licensing Procedures read the information posted in the CMRA Announcements section of the Message Board here: http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread...sing-Procedure

    Not sure you're ready to race? We have the One-Weekend "Try-It" Deal. (The 2017 version will be accepted in 2018.)


    The CMRA accepts your current competition license from many road racing organizations as proof of your experience. If you are a current or recently active licensed racer from another organization you will usually not be required to take the CMRA License School. In most cases you will be allowed to purchase a CMRA license at the same level as your current license. Please contact the CMRA for more information.