Thread: F50 and F60

F50 and F60

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Brooks Gremmels:
    How many for F60? Brooks </div></div>I would like to have a F50 and F60 as you may
    know Brooks there a lot of things you could do
    at 40 that you can't do at 50 and a lot more at
    60. I am serious! We could run with the F40 with
    out adding a race. Remember Steve Hislop was over 40.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
    RED SPADE RACING

Re: F50 and F60

I haven't made an issue over the age thing because when I got into this sport I was already 55 years old and knew what I was getting into.
    But I am pretty competitive by nature and every year it gets more difficult to be up front. It's the opposite of the learning curve; the trend line looks like graphing of Enron stock.
    But what do you do? When I turned Expert at 57 what class could I respectably compete? I choose to ride a motard in the lightweight and SuperSingles classes but there was no competition.
    I quit racing after the second race of this season. I can tell you it is not the same to be at the track all weekend without getting on the track. It is the hardest thing in the world to keep doing it. Just riding a motard isn't the answer, it is more of a second bike.
    But obviously racers my age are an anomally. What do you do?
    Brooks