Thread: GT's and endurance

bentracing

GT's and endurance

As a rider of both endurance and GT's, I feel that holding the GT races until the evening is more difficult than the morning option. It takes quite a bit of time to set up the pits for endurance, and virtually no time at all to prepare for a GT race.
    Just a thought, I'll race no matter what we do.
    Ty

Re: GT's and endurance

Hey Ty,
    We tried that once and it wasn't a big hit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] In May at Hallett, we ran the GT's first and we received soooo many complaints that Walter switched them back to the afternoon. Sorry!!

PS I didn't know you ran the mini endurance.
    Kim Walker
    Contingency/Escoring/Manual Scoring
    kimcobra1@hot.rr.com

Sign your contingency forms!!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries

I think Ty means big bike endurance. I'm with him on the preference of the morning GT race over the afternoon when there is also a big bike endurnace.

Personally, I'd prefer to see the GT race ONLY when there is no big bike endurance.
    EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

Keep the GT races after the big bike endurance if you run them the same day. I really really really like getting done with the big bike endurance a little earlier. -Brett

bentracing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Kim Walker:
    we received soooo many complaints that Walter switched them back to the afternoon.

PS I didn't know you ran the mini endurance.
    </div></div>Thanks for the reply. I have to wonder if the GT guys are more vocal than the endurance teams?
    The prep time required by most teams to get all of the equipment to the pits sure is higher than just putting on warmers and adding fuel for the GT races. Maybe I'll try a pole and see what comes up?

I do not do the mini endurance (this year...), sorry for the confusion.

I hope this does not seem like I'm complaining, just looking for the best balance.
    ty