Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Member geographic breakdown

Member geographic breakdown

Does the CMRA have a breakdown of the # of CMRA members by state and city/state?

Re: Member geographic breakdown

Obviously, I have a membership list which includes addresses.

What sort of breakdown would you like to see?
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Nancy, thanks for the quick reply.

The info I'm looking for is very basic. I don't want names, #'s or street addresses.

What I'm specifically lokking for is:
    1. # of members by state
    2. # of members by city or zip

I don't want to add to your workload by having you do process the information; I'm more than happy to compile the #'s. If you have this member list in some kind of spreadsheet that you could strip out all the columns except for city, state and zip and send the sheet electronically to me that would be perfect.

Thanks again.

Assuming someone has enough time to sit in front of a computer and crunch the numbers.....The riders' hometowns are listed in the results on the 'results' page of this website. I am, however, not sure how representative this is of the entire CMRA membership since it only includes current racers.

I think Craig's hometown is listed as 'straight outta Compton'

Total time involved was less than 5 minutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" style="height: 150px;"><pre>State # % of Total
    AL 1 0.16%
    AR 15 2.44%
    CA 1 0.16%
    CO 2 0.33%
    IL 1 0.16%
    KS 10 1.63%
    LA 32 5.20%
    MEXICO 6 0.98%
    MN 1 0.16%
    MO 11 1.79%
    NH 1 0.16%
    NM 2 0.33%
    OK 50 8.13%
    TX 480 78.05%
    WA 1 0.16%
    WI 1 0.16%
    ----- --- -------
    Total 615 100.00%</pre></div></div>Nancy:
    Thanks again to Nancy for sending me the base info. I'll be sending you an updated spreadsheet back so you can cut/paste if you ever want to produce these #'s again.

That is pretty cool, just curious, but since Texas has the majority of members, can you do a similar breakdown by Texas cities?
    Fear profits a man nothing...

I think it would be more relevant to break them down into "areas" like Austin, Metroplex, Houston, South Texas, West Texas making a city's inclusion in "area" say 100 miles.

It will take some time but I might be able to put something together.

Am I the only one who thinks if 50 members in Oklahoma are enough justification for 2 events at Hallett that 32 members in Louisiana might be enough justification for 1 event at NPR (provided any safety issues could be addressed and the rental rates were attractive)?

You have to wonder if the CMRA had a larger presence in La. if we might be able to bring in more members from Arkansas and Mississippi?

Don't feel too bad for this Louisiana boy, Barber is closer for me than any of the CMRA tracks. What a dirty shame. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

On the flip side, there isn't a whole lot of interest in motorcycle roadracing in Louisiana, mainly because there isn't a whole lot of people with money here either....ever since the sent Edwin Edwards to jail in Texas that is. Doh!!
    Cheers,
    Gene