Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new rule book

new rule book

Hello BOD, Just want to let you guys know you are doing one heck of a job for the organization. I was also wandering if any of you knew when the new rule book is scheduled to be updated on the home page? I was unable to track one down @ MSR and have some home work to do before next season. Thanks, Anthony Smith.

new rule book

Hello BOD, Just want to let you guys know you are doing one heck of a job for the organization. I was also wandering if any of you knew when the new rule book is scheduled to be updated on the home page? I was unable to track one down @ MSR and have some home work to do before next season. Thanks, Anthony Smith.

Re: new rule book

BUMP

BUMP

Bryan Norton is working feverishly to get the rulebook finished and the plan is to put it up on the website asap (next week or so).

I feel safe in saying that this is the earliest that any 2004 rulebook will be available to any racing organization in the country.

But, I'm sure you understand that he doesn't want to make it available to everyone until he feels as though it's ready.

Bryan has put a lot of time and effort into this project and he deserves a lot of credit.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Bryan Norton is working feverishly to get the rulebook finished and the plan is to put it up on the website asap (next week or so).

I feel safe in saying that this is the earliest that any 2004 rulebook will be available to any racing organization in the country.

But, I'm sure you understand that he doesn't want to make it available to everyone until he feels as though it's ready.

Bryan has put a lot of time and effort into this project and he deserves a lot of credit.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Kudos to Brian for assembling the new rule book. That is a task far more involved than virtually all of us can truly appreciate I am sure.

I do have some suggestions from one of the CMRA's soon to be many Buell riders...

A stock Buell 1200cc engine actually displaces 1203cc's. Can you therefore bump up the displacement limits to 1250cc for the applicable air-cooled twins class limits, it would give a margin for slight overbore and such?

Why no fair consideration as before in the 2003 rules for the air-cooled, two-valve, pushrod engines?

Anywhere an SV650 based machine is eligible, the old 1999 and earlier air cooled Buell 1200's and the new XB9 (984cc) Buells and 800cc air cooled Ducs should also be eligible, no? Specifically...

C Superstock, C Superbike:
    Increase displacement for 4-stroke air cooled twins to 1350cc (same as the old AMA Pro Thunder class with Duc 748's going up against Buell 1350cc Pro Thunder machines. The Ducs won.)

D Superbike: The SV650 is eligible but 4-stroke air-cooled twins are limited to 883cc. Please increase that to 984cc for two valve pushrod aircooled and to 800cc for two valve desmo aircooled. This will allow our XB9 racing members to join in on the fun in D-Superbike.

Lightweight Twins
    The SV650 based machines are permitted up to 700cc and superbike rules where the Buells are limited to Superstock rules. That seems fair for the 1203cc versions of the Buell XB line (XB12R, XB12S), but not for the 984cc versions (XB9R, XB9S) or the older (pre 2000) 1203cc Buell models.

Formula 2
    There is no deliniation between air or water-cooled twins. The displacement limit is simply "up to 70cc 4-stroke twins". Seems that is for the water cooled twins and the air cooled, pushrod displacement limit should be 1203cc.

This is America right? Let's give the only American sport bike a fair chance in the CMRA. If we can do that, we might be able to get Buell to kick in some contingency or even prize money.

Thanks for your consideration,

Blake
    #731 N
    '97 Buell Cyclone

Kudos to Brian for assembling the new rule book. That is a task far more involved than virtually all of us can truly appreciate I am sure.

I do have some suggestions from one of the CMRA's soon to be many Buell riders...

A stock Buell 1200cc engine actually displaces 1203cc's. Can you therefore bump up the displacement limits to 1250cc for the applicable air-cooled twins class limits, it would give a margin for slight overbore and such?

Why no fair consideration as before in the 2003 rules for the air-cooled, two-valve, pushrod engines?

Anywhere an SV650 based machine is eligible, the old 1999 and earlier air cooled Buell 1200's and the new XB9 (984cc) Buells and 800cc air cooled Ducs should also be eligible, no? Specifically...

C Superstock, C Superbike:
    Increase displacement for 4-stroke air cooled twins to 1350cc (same as the old AMA Pro Thunder class with Duc 748's going up against Buell 1350cc Pro Thunder machines. The Ducs won.)

D Superbike: The SV650 is eligible but 4-stroke air-cooled twins are limited to 883cc. Please increase that to 984cc for two valve pushrod aircooled and to 800cc for two valve desmo aircooled. This will allow our XB9 racing members to join in on the fun in D-Superbike.

Lightweight Twins
    The SV650 based machines are permitted up to 700cc and superbike rules where the Buells are limited to Superstock rules. That seems fair for the 1203cc versions of the Buell XB line (XB12R, XB12S), but not for the 984cc versions (XB9R, XB9S) or the older (pre 2000) 1203cc Buell models.

Formula 2
    There is no deliniation between air or water-cooled twins. The displacement limit is simply "up to 70cc 4-stroke twins". Seems that is for the water cooled twins and the air cooled, pushrod displacement limit should be 1203cc.

This is America right? Let's give the only American sport bike a fair chance in the CMRA. If we can do that, we might be able to get Buell to kick in some contingency or even prize money.

Thanks for your consideration,

Blake
    #731 N
    '97 Buell Cyclone

Re: 2.2 - rear number plates

I went through this earlier this year and was told that the Ducati 996 vented tail section was legal for number display.

It looks like it (and almost every other bike besides maybe the TL1000) will be illegal next year. I'm referring to the requirement for a flat or vertical 8X10 surface ".. not wrapping around onto the top of the seat."

To remove the subjectivity at tech (and those guys do a great job, don't get me wrong) could we get some specifically acceptable configurations (stock GSXR tail, stock and race 996/996/748 tail etc etc)?

Thanks much.

Nick

Re: 2.2 - rear number plates

I went through this earlier this year and was told that the Ducati 996 vented tail section was legal for number display.

It looks like it (and almost every other bike besides maybe the TL1000) will be illegal next year. I'm referring to the requirement for a flat or vertical 8X10 surface ".. not wrapping around onto the top of the seat."

To remove the subjectivity at tech (and those guys do a great job, don't get me wrong) could we get some specifically acceptable configurations (stock GSXR tail, stock and race 996/996/748 tail etc etc)?

Thanks much.

Nick