Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: racing on the track

racing on the track

all kidding aside i feel that all the racing should be on the track under green flag conditions
    when the red comes out bikes are parked on pit road and not touched untill the restart is called
    pretty ez ,,,,,,,,,,makes for better racing ,,your not as likley to get screwed by a red flag this also helps penelize the people that caused the red flag,,,,,,,
    wild bill

racing on the track

all kidding aside i feel that all the racing should be on the track under green flag conditions
    when the red comes out bikes are parked on pit road and not touched untill the restart is called
    pretty ez ,,,,,,,,,,makes for better racing ,,your not as likley to get screwed by a red flag this also helps penelize the people that caused the red flag,,,,,,,
    wild bill

Re: racing on the track

Billy has a good point and I know people
    are about 50/50 about it.

How does someone (Mr. Click) go about officialy petitioning the powers that be on a endurance rule change?

Billy has a good point and I know people
    are about 50/50 about it.

How does someone (Mr. Click) go about officialy petitioning the powers that be on a endurance rule change?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

He just did. I'll take a look at it and pass it on to the BOD.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

He just did. I'll take a look at it and pass it on to the BOD.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

No 9 page , noterized form in triplicate?

Tisk, Tisk.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

No 9 page , noterized form in triplicate?

Tisk, Tisk.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

This has been looked at in the past....the CMRA has run events both ways.

I feel that the benefits of allowing riders to correct safety issues on their bikes during red flags outweighs the rule.

Think of this: A team is in the hunt for a podium. It is a close battle between only a few teams. A red flag is called, the lead team notices a loose bolt holding on the (fill in the blank here...Ill say Footpeg). With the 'no red flag work' they can not fix it.

What do you think the team will do? Wait after the restart to fix the bike, or go out there and try to tough it out?

Allowing the teams to work on their bikes during a red flag lets them check and correct tires, loose/broken bolts, and other safety gear.

I like the spirit of 'no work during red flag' but I tend to lean more toward the safety benefits.

Of Course my BoD term is about to expire, so flame away [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

This has been looked at in the past....the CMRA has run events both ways.

I feel that the benefits of allowing riders to correct safety issues on their bikes during red flags outweighs the rule.

Think of this: A team is in the hunt for a podium. It is a close battle between only a few teams. A red flag is called, the lead team notices a loose bolt holding on the (fill in the blank here...Ill say Footpeg). With the 'no red flag work' they can not fix it.

What do you think the team will do? Wait after the restart to fix the bike, or go out there and try to tough it out?

Allowing the teams to work on their bikes during a red flag lets them check and correct tires, loose/broken bolts, and other safety gear.

I like the spirit of 'no work during red flag' but I tend to lean more toward the safety benefits.

Of Course my BoD term is about to expire, so flame away [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]