Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Better Promotion of the CMRA

Re: Better Promotion of the CMRA

Uh, Barron, VP already has a contingency program with CMRA. I'm not sure if it's run through VP direct, but someone on the main msg board has the details.

Uh, Barron, VP already has a contingency program with CMRA. I'm not sure if it's run through VP direct, but someone on the main msg board has the details.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Not trying to step on any toe's. But here is my $.02

I have tried numerous times to get the CMRA to promote the events. I have even offered a pretty much free package to get a good hour of radio time on a local major radio station the week before an event.

Not one person from the CMRA's BOD has replied to my offer. So I gave up.
    In my opinion, they do not want to promote their events.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Not trying to step on any toe's. But here is my $.02

I have tried numerous times to get the CMRA to promote the events. I have even offered a pretty much free package to get a good hour of radio time on a local major radio station the week before an event.

Not one person from the CMRA's BOD has replied to my offer. So I gave up.
    In my opinion, they do not want to promote their events.

What are we promoting? More contingency money and more racers to race with us? Those are good things.

If we're going on the radio to tell 10,000 spectators to show up at, say Oak Hill, that is not so good to some of us. Friends and family are great, but we don't need the radio to get them to come out. The pits are crowded enough as it is. The BOD has already said we don't make money on spectators because of the increased insurance cost.

I read the Dallas Morning News every day. Valentino Rossi, the Haydens nor any other great road racer were mentioned all season last year in their sports section. If you like the publicity of having your name in the paper, golf is a far better sport (sic).
    Mike Wright

What are we promoting? More contingency money and more racers to race with us? Those are good things.

If we're going on the radio to tell 10,000 spectators to show up at, say Oak Hill, that is not so good to some of us. Friends and family are great, but we don't need the radio to get them to come out. The pits are crowded enough as it is. The BOD has already said we don't make money on spectators because of the increased insurance cost.

I read the Dallas Morning News every day. Valentino Rossi, the Haydens nor any other great road racer were mentioned all season last year in their sports section. If you like the publicity of having your name in the paper, golf is a far better sport (sic).
    Mike Wright

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

You would not know very much about Valentino Rossi without advertisement.

I am not saying that advertising our club's events would be a good thing or a bad thing. I just saw that some people were asking for better promotions, and I offered what I had available.

I really do not think that our racers are really worried about getting their name in the paper. But, what they do want is more contingency, more payouts per event. And advertising would bring that to our events.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

You would not know very much about Valentino Rossi without advertisement.

I am not saying that advertising our club's events would be a good thing or a bad thing. I just saw that some people were asking for better promotions, and I offered what I had available.

I really do not think that our racers are really worried about getting their name in the paper. But, what they do want is more contingency, more payouts per event. And advertising would bring that to our events.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Barry Nichols:
    Enjoy club racing for what it is....Club Racing. </div></div>Amen, brother. 99.999% of us will never make a penny racing. That said, there is nothing that should push the idea of promoting away. Where I think we need to promote is in the endurance series and upgrading technology. I think my desire to have local media cover our races is mostly self serving. I think we need to focus this year on developing relationships with sponsors and upgrading technology and presentation so that we can free up valuable man hours to dedicate to promotion down the road. Speaking as someone who views the CMRA as a valuable audience I can assure you that there are MANY companies who are willing to jump on board as sponsors of the series if they can see the ROI. Let's show them by supporting the folks who sponsor riders and the series.

As far as supporting individual riders, there's very little that we as a club can do. Even if we wanted to do something to push our highest talent to the next level it's up to the individual to market themselves to potential "paycheck writing" sponsors.

I'm on board to support this club, 100%.
    The Short Bus Races Again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Barry Nichols:
    Enjoy club racing for what it is....Club Racing. </div></div>Amen, brother. 99.999% of us will never make a penny racing. That said, there is nothing that should push the idea of promoting away. Where I think we need to promote is in the endurance series and upgrading technology. I think my desire to have local media cover our races is mostly self serving. I think we need to focus this year on developing relationships with sponsors and upgrading technology and presentation so that we can free up valuable man hours to dedicate to promotion down the road. Speaking as someone who views the CMRA as a valuable audience I can assure you that there are MANY companies who are willing to jump on board as sponsors of the series if they can see the ROI. Let's show them by supporting the folks who sponsor riders and the series.

As far as supporting individual riders, there's very little that we as a club can do. Even if we wanted to do something to push our highest talent to the next level it's up to the individual to market themselves to potential "paycheck writing" sponsors.

I'm on board to support this club, 100%.
    The Short Bus Races Again!