Thread: Formula CMRA Middleweight question

Formula CMRA Middleweight question

Formula CMRA Middleweight in the 2004 rules looks like a replacement for the Mediumweight Sportsman class, but limits the displacement of water-cooled twins to 650cc (if I remember correctly, the Mediumweight Sportsman limit was 700cc). The 650cc limit would put those of us with 700cc kits on our Honda HawkGTs running up in Formula CMRA Heavyweight with 700cc Superbike-spec SV650s and CBR600F2s, where I think we're at something of a disadvantage.

Was it a concious decision to move the 700cc Hawks out of the Mediumweight class? And if not, is it too late for the rules to be amended to put us back in Mediumweight where we used to be?

Formula CMRA Middleweight question

Formula CMRA Middleweight in the 2004 rules looks like a replacement for the Mediumweight Sportsman class, but limits the displacement of water-cooled twins to 650cc (if I remember correctly, the Mediumweight Sportsman limit was 700cc). The 650cc limit would put those of us with 700cc kits on our Honda HawkGTs running up in Formula CMRA Heavyweight with 700cc Superbike-spec SV650s and CBR600F2s, where I think we're at something of a disadvantage.

Was it a concious decision to move the 700cc Hawks out of the Mediumweight class? And if not, is it too late for the rules to be amended to put us back in Mediumweight where we used to be?

Re: Formula CMRA Middleweight question

Ugh. why are ya just now letting us know [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

The rulebook is at the printers.

Let me look into it. I think your right, a Hawk 700cc should be in the middleweight class.

Ugh. why are ya just now letting us know [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

The rulebook is at the printers.

Let me look into it. I think your right, a Hawk 700cc should be in the middleweight class.

In that case, shouldn't my RGV250 be bumped DOWN to Formula Lightweight? GEEEEZZ (It WAS in Lightweight Sportsman)
    Gil Adair CCS#126/WERA#116

In that case, shouldn't my RGV250 be bumped DOWN to Formula Lightweight? GEEEEZZ (It WAS in Lightweight Sportsman)
    Gil Adair CCS#126/WERA#116

Gil,

No [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Gil,

No [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks, Bryan! Could you post something when you know one way or the other? Sorry for not getting it in earlier. I just recently found that I'll be racing the CMRA again this year instead of the MRA, and being a lazy bum I didn't read the new rulebook until I had to.

Thanks, Bryan! Could you post something when you know one way or the other? Sorry for not getting it in earlier. I just recently found that I'll be racing the CMRA again this year instead of the MRA, and being a lazy bum I didn't read the new rulebook until I had to.