Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grids for first event?

Hybrid View

Grids for first event?

QUOTE]Originally posted by Nancy Selleck:
    Pre-entry packets will be in the mail to everyone tomorrow (Friday the 19th) afternoon.

Grids for the first race of the year will be set by order of registration.
    [/QUOTE]

I was reading the WERA board and saw a question regarding the grids for the first race event. They are set by the points accumulated from the previous season for that particular class. I find this much more fair way of doing it. I and others worked hard for the points we got last year and it seems reasonable to be placed according to my other fellow amateurs in this way and not who can get the pre-registration form to Nancy the quickest. Its a little aggravating knowing that my points mean nothing if I don't finish top 3. And I bet there are quite a few us (after the holidays) who have full pockets to pay for pre-entry.

Thanks for listening [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    #170 expert

Steve McNamara

Re: Grids for first event?

Well Darick,
    It's only one race weekend that is done this way. The rest of the season is based on points accumulated. This could be a good topic for our next BOD meeting. Thanks for your input.

Steve,

I realized it was only the first weekend because no one has points.

We have the best run organization in the country and I trust that the BOD will make the right decision [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for considering it for mention.
    #170 expert

New year means fresh start! No points, no deficeit to overcome. Are you an amatuer Darick? What do you ride? Depending on the mail/fax we may end up gridded beside each other for the first weekend...After that it is every man for himself. I found out before that by the 3rd round the serious title contenders have distanced themselves. Although from the back you get some good practice passing folks! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    The only real fair way is to have everyone qualify, but there is no time for that and it is not as sporting...Smiley

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by CHRIS SMILEY:
    New year means fresh start! No points, no deficeit to overcome. Are you an amatuer Darick? What do you ride? Depending on the mail/fax we may end up gridded beside each other for the first weekend...After that it is every man for himself. I found out before that by the 3rd round the serious title contenders have distanced themselves. Although from the back you get some good practice passing folks! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    The only real fair way is to have everyone qualify, but there is no time for that and it is not as sporting...Smiley
    </div></div>Yep, I'm an novice riding a 00' GSXR750. I think a fresh start is cool but putting a yellow shirt amatuer on the first row of the grid just because he got his $$ to pre-enter before I did is not in the spirit of the club. Hypothetical.....If I were say...Sanchez and knowing I have some serious competition, would I want a first year expert to be in front of me just because I didn't have the cash right then to pre-enter for the event. I wouldn't be happy with that considering I just won the championship last year. So, in all fairness, gridding the first event (for all returning) by previous year finishing positions is fair and equitable.

Opinions..Opinions....we all have a right to 'em [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    #170 expert

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

FYI--I will not allow "PROVISIONAL NOVICES" to be gridded in the first wave, much less on the front row the first weekend regardless of when he/she pre-entered.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

And Prov Nov's evrywhere breath a giant sigh of relief! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI--I will not allow "PROVISIONAL NOVICES" to be gridded in the first wave, much less on the front row the first weekend regardless of when he/she pre-entered.
    </div></div>Thank god. I have not slept in weeks being worried about being put at the front. Now all I have to worry about is how quickly I go from Prov Nov to rolling chicane. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

you guys crack me up he he he [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    #170 expert

Don't laugh too hard or too early. Every year several races are won by yellow shirts....starting from the back!

Those yellow shirts don't slow you down at all!
    Mike Wright