Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Connectors

Stock Connectors

At the suggestion of Bryan Norton, I have moved this question-

A friend of mine is preparing his bike to race in the 2004 season and has a question. Note page 11 item (g) 'Headlight and tail/brake light housings may be removed. Disconnection must be made at the stock connectors. Stock connectors must be intact and operable.' Is this Hard and Fast? He cut out the connector when he installed an interator Kit. What options does he have?

Stock Connectors

At the suggestion of Bryan Norton, I have moved this question-

A friend of mine is preparing his bike to race in the 2004 season and has a question. Note page 11 item (g) 'Headlight and tail/brake light housings may be removed. Disconnection must be made at the stock connectors. Stock connectors must be intact and operable.' Is this Hard and Fast? He cut out the connector when he installed an interator Kit. What options does he have?

Re: Stock Connectors

BoD and Walter, -
    I had Donn post this one here.
    Since the new rules are much more strict regarding such, I think we could allow the removal of stock connectors provided that the wires are still intact and attaching the headlight would still work.

I don't want anyone to have to buy a wiring harness just to race superstock, but at the same time I want the superstock class to remain truly superstock.

Maybe a 1 year allowance for the connectors?

BoD and Walter, -
    I had Donn post this one here.
    Since the new rules are much more strict regarding such, I think we could allow the removal of stock connectors provided that the wires are still intact and attaching the headlight would still work.

I don't want anyone to have to buy a wiring harness just to race superstock, but at the same time I want the superstock class to remain truly superstock.

Maybe a 1 year allowance for the connectors?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

I can live with with a grace period on the connectors. If you still have the connectors, soldering them back on would be a permanent fix.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

I can live with with a grace period on the connectors. If you still have the connectors, soldering them back on would be a permanent fix.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Not sure if he still has the connectors. Thanks for the extension.

Not sure if he still has the connectors. Thanks for the extension.

I don't have the connectors, but thanks for the grace period. I will find a totalled bike and take one from that bike. Thanks for the help.

Neil
    I wish I could afford this

I don't have the connectors, but thanks for the grace period. I will find a totalled bike and take one from that bike. Thanks for the help.

Neil
    I wish I could afford this