Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday practice at MSR?

Friday practice at MSR?

Any thoughts about having a racer only practice at MSR on the Friday before the race. WERA does this for the nationals and we do at Hallett also?

It would help those of us that need the track time and help save some money as we don't have to make a special trip to utilize one the trackday orgs events.

David

Friday practice at MSR?

Any thoughts about having a racer only practice at MSR on the Friday before the race. WERA does this for the nationals and we do at Hallett also?

It would help those of us that need the track time and help save some money as we don't have to make a special trip to utilize one the trackday orgs events.

David

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Re: Friday practice at MSR?

good idea but i dont think it will happen. The members of MSR will probably not be willing to give up a member day on a weekend where they lose a Saturday and Sunday due to CMRA races. I will tell you though that I was there as a guest of a friend the Friday of the season closer and the track was thick with CMRA racers, most of which were not members.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

good idea but i dont think it will happen. The members of MSR will probably not be willing to give up a member day on a weekend where they lose a Saturday and Sunday due to CMRA races. I will tell you though that I was there as a guest of a friend the Friday of the season closer and the track was thick with CMRA racers, most of which were not members.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Steve McNamara

Chris hit the nail right on the head.

Steve McNamara

Chris hit the nail right on the head.

Well gee whiz, that makes a lot of sense. The members don't want to give up the Friday before a CMRA race weekend but allow a bunch of bootleg CMRA racers to take over their Friday trackday.

Can y'all post a cross-reference list so the rest of us can make some Cree$$on buddies? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

David

Well gee whiz, that makes a lot of sense. The members don't want to give up the Friday before a CMRA race weekend but allow a bunch of bootleg CMRA racers to take over their Friday trackday.

Can y'all post a cross-reference list so the rest of us can make some Cree$$on buddies? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

David

For what it's worth, season before last I invited all CMRA members to be my guests at MSR on the Friday before our race weekend (first time to run the track clockwise). All I asked was that the riders pay for the track time. Although several members repaid me, most didn't. The experience cost me about $1,500. I'm out this time.
    Brooks

For what it's worth, season before last I invited all CMRA members to be my guests at MSR on the Friday before our race weekend (first time to run the track clockwise). All I asked was that the riders pay for the track time. Although several members repaid me, most didn't. The experience cost me about $1,500. I'm out this time.
    Brooks