Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: transponder info

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Re: transponder info

Ok, let me put some #'s out there. Lets use $300.00 for round #'s as the price for a transponder. A sprint day with 600 entries = close to 200 riders. The club owns 64 transponders. 200 - 64 = 136 So the club needs to buy 136 transponders (thats about $41,000.00) and then set up a rent to own program to get them paid for. I bet if we ask real nice AMB will let us pay when we can! Then I have to figure out how to pass out and get back 200 transponders every Sunday. I have a hard enough time getting back 50 after an endurance race. Sounds simple to me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] So if anyone happens to have an extra $41,000.00 just laying around give me a call and I'll tell where to send the check. Until I get that call I think we should all start saving our pennies. We have 5 months.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Ok, let me put some #'s out there. Lets use $300.00 for round #'s as the price for a transponder. A sprint day with 600 entries = close to 200 riders. The club owns 64 transponders. 200 - 64 = 136 So the club needs to buy 136 transponders (thats about $41,000.00) and then set up a rent to own program to get them paid for. I bet if we ask real nice AMB will let us pay when we can! Then I have to figure out how to pass out and get back 200 transponders every Sunday. I have a hard enough time getting back 50 after an endurance race. Sounds simple to me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] So if anyone happens to have an extra $41,000.00 just laying around give me a call and I'll tell where to send the check. Until I get that call I think we should all start saving our pennies. We have 5 months.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

PS, my suggestion about raising donations for a scoring system would be the same as raising sponsorship support for a race team. Approach those individuals or companies with the resources to make a contribution. Explain the program, the need for the equipment and the opportunity for exposure in the club's newsletter, website, announcements at the track and so on, "Timing and scoring brought to you by Pash Worldwide Industries".

Cool! I always wanted to start my own business [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

At this point, I am grateful for a 5 month warning on the purchase. I don't buy a set of tires every time I come out to race but wish I could so it will be like Walter said by putting pennies away for the transponder budget [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    #170 expert

PS, my suggestion about raising donations for a scoring system would be the same as raising sponsorship support for a race team. Approach those individuals or companies with the resources to make a contribution. Explain the program, the need for the equipment and the opportunity for exposure in the club's newsletter, website, announcements at the track and so on, "Timing and scoring brought to you by Pash Worldwide Industries".

Cool! I always wanted to start my own business [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

At this point, I am grateful for a 5 month warning on the purchase. I don't buy a set of tires every time I come out to race but wish I could so it will be like Walter said by putting pennies away for the transponder budget [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    #170 expert

will a person be allowed to race without a transponder?

if so, then anyone whining about having to pony up $300 to purchase should probably just chill out. the way i see it is that transponders are not necessary to show up and race; which, is really the only obligation (i hate to use that word because being able to race is not a birth rite... but i digress) that the CMRA and the B.O.D. have towards a club member.

if you do not want to shell out the $300 then do not.

it seems so easy to me...

will a person be allowed to race without a transponder?

if so, then anyone whining about having to pony up $300 to purchase should probably just chill out. the way i see it is that transponders are not necessary to show up and race; which, is really the only obligation (i hate to use that word because being able to race is not a birth rite... but i digress) that the CMRA and the B.O.D. have towards a club member.

if you do not want to shell out the $300 then do not.

it seems so easy to me...

and CCS was such a bad deal.

and CCS was such a bad deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kelcher:
    and CCS was such a bad deal. </div></div>Shut your mouth Eric. You don't have anything positive to say or add so just keep your comments to yourself.
    The Short Bus Races Again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Eric Kelcher:
    and CCS was such a bad deal. </div></div>Shut your mouth Eric. You don't have anything positive to say or add so just keep your comments to yourself.
    The Short Bus Races Again!