Thread: LW CMRA question

Bike #

LW CMRA question

I noticed that the new LW CMRA class allows up to 650cc air cooled twins. The Laverda Ghost 650 is actually a 668cc air cooled twin that was previously allowed to run in the old LW Sportsman class. The bike makes about 50hp at the rear wheel - same as a EX500. Seeing as how the bike has an oddball cc displacement, I didn't know if the 650cc cap was placed to preclude the Laverdas from that class or if it was just a nice round figure to structure the class. So this begs the question, can the Laverdas run in LW CMRA?

Bike #

LW CMRA question

I noticed that the new LW CMRA class allows up to 650cc air cooled twins. The Laverda Ghost 650 is actually a 668cc air cooled twin that was previously allowed to run in the old LW Sportsman class. The bike makes about 50hp at the rear wheel - same as a EX500. Seeing as how the bike has an oddball cc displacement, I didn't know if the 650cc cap was placed to preclude the Laverdas from that class or if it was just a nice round figure to structure the class. So this begs the question, can the Laverdas run in LW CMRA?

Re: LW CMRA question

No - they must run Middleweight with the Hawks for 2004.

Re: LW CMRA question

No - they must run Middleweight with the Hawks for 2004.