Thread: air fence

air fence

Has anyone ever suggested having new license applicants (prov/nov) participate in the air fence set up and take down? Why not add this as part of the program to get riders schooled on the safety steps taken by CMRA and a chance to get to know the fence in a friendly helpful encounter. Would be a welcome help I'd imagine to the workers on Sunday eve. Or even offer an out by a small donation to the fund in lieu of hands on help.

air fence

Has anyone ever suggested having new license applicants (prov/nov) participate in the air fence set up and take down? Why not add this as part of the program to get riders schooled on the safety steps taken by CMRA and a chance to get to know the fence in a friendly helpful encounter. Would be a welcome help I'd imagine to the workers on Sunday eve. Or even offer an out by a small donation to the fund in lieu of hands on help.

Re: air fence

I like the idea of appealing for extra help for event set-up and I am sure Walter would agree. The problem with making it some sort of additional requirement for Prov-novs is that not everyone can take offf work early enough on a Saturday to amke it out to the track on time. And what if, for instance, the new member is only sprinting on Sunday and has no reason to get there two days early?
    Brooks

I like the idea of appealing for extra help for event set-up and I am sure Walter would agree. The problem with making it some sort of additional requirement for Prov-novs is that not everyone can take offf work early enough on a Saturday to amke it out to the track on time. And what if, for instance, the new member is only sprinting on Sunday and has no reason to get there two days early?
    Brooks

Couldn't they stay a bit longer after the Sunday sprints to help with take down? Or there is the small donation option in lieu of physically helping, say 10-15 bucks towards new stuff or maintaining existing equipment. Could sign up just like corner working. Still let them race after corner work requirments, but keep the yellow shirt on til air fence requirement has been met.

Couldn't they stay a bit longer after the Sunday sprints to help with take down? Or there is the small donation option in lieu of physically helping, say 10-15 bucks towards new stuff or maintaining existing equipment. Could sign up just like corner working. Still let them race after corner work requirments, but keep the yellow shirt on til air fence requirement has been met.

What about making it two corner working days or one corner working day and one day of setup and disassembly at the track. Throw the option in there but require at least one corner working day. It may work out better for the club and for some peoples schedule.
    IF YOU DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE YOU GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN

What about making it two corner working days or one corner working day and one day of setup and disassembly at the track. Throw the option in there but require at least one corner working day. It may work out better for the club and for some peoples schedule.
    IF YOU DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE YOU GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN