Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: F4 and F5 classes for 2005?

F4 and F5 classes for 2005?

I am not wanting to cause any headaches here but really would like to explore what was breifly brought up in Emmit's earlier post. Like I said before there are several bikes that currently are only legal for F4 but seem to fit in F5 better. With the recent supermoto craze going on it is only fitting that the minimoto scene will explode as well. Several CMRA members currently have 80cc two stroke motards, CRF 230 and 150 motards, and several others have shown interest in building them. I am sure that if there was a competative class for them to run we would see a lot more of them. Any ideas as to what can be done??

Thanks, Eric

F4 and F5 classes for 2005?

I am not wanting to cause any headaches here but really would like to explore what was breifly brought up in Emmit's earlier post. Like I said before there are several bikes that currently are only legal for F4 but seem to fit in F5 better. With the recent supermoto craze going on it is only fitting that the minimoto scene will explode as well. Several CMRA members currently have 80cc two stroke motards, CRF 230 and 150 motards, and several others have shown interest in building them. I am sure that if there was a competative class for them to run we would see a lot more of them. Any ideas as to what can be done??

Thanks, Eric

Re: F4 and F5 classes for 2005?

Oh Hell no!

If you get a answer before I do I'll......

Well, I don't know what I'll do but it won't be pretty!

(of corse nothing I do is really pretty...?)

Oh Hell no!

If you get a answer before I do I'll......

Well, I don't know what I'll do but it won't be pretty!

(of corse nothing I do is really pretty...?)

Eric, Surely you knew a cr85 motard couldn't compete with a gp85?? But you built it anyway. Why?
    Well then I guess the next thing to do is go hit up the BOD for a class change and see if you can do some cherry picking in f5.
    I really don't believe an rs60/65 will compete with a cr85 regardless of frame. They're smokin fast.
    I got a suggestion, how about a third mini race on Saturday. It'll be combined f8/f9 with f8 being motards up to 85cc liquid cooled 2 stroke and up to 250 cc air cooled 4 stroke. f9 will be motards up to 65 cc liquid cooled 2 stroke and up to 150cc air cooled 4 stroke. No motards in f4 thru f7.
    I got one more for the BOD, how about a 2 or 3 year moratorium after a class change to let the dust settle.

Respectfully
    Don Wagnon
    Don Wagnon

Eric, Surely you knew a cr85 motard couldn't compete with a gp85?? But you built it anyway. Why?
    Well then I guess the next thing to do is go hit up the BOD for a class change and see if you can do some cherry picking in f5.
    I really don't believe an rs60/65 will compete with a cr85 regardless of frame. They're smokin fast.
    I got a suggestion, how about a third mini race on Saturday. It'll be combined f8/f9 with f8 being motards up to 85cc liquid cooled 2 stroke and up to 250 cc air cooled 4 stroke. f9 will be motards up to 65 cc liquid cooled 2 stroke and up to 150cc air cooled 4 stroke. No motards in f4 thru f7.
    I got one more for the BOD, how about a 2 or 3 year moratorium after a class change to let the dust settle.

Respectfully
    Don Wagnon
    Don Wagnon

Don,

You are right I did know that the bike wasn't legal and really either way it doesn't really matter. I have other bikes that are competative. But if a person looks at the future of this sport it makes sense to either create or modify a class that the 230's and the 85cc motards can run competatively. I mean what bike even has an 81 cc air cooled 2 stroke, or 160cc water cooled 4 stroke and as far as F4, who would want to ride a pre 1995 125cc motard? It will be 2005 shortly. Maybe the rules were written years ago with those bikes in mind. Who ever thought some goober would actually put street tires on a dirt bike and go road racing? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I do agree that an 85 cc motard would be a benefit against the gp 60's on a kart track but on the speedway tracks that the CMRA run it would not. I would like to find out by letting Anthony or someone get some time on both bikes around the same track and then compare lap times. I think it would be interesting to say the least. I do not agree with taking the motards out of any class. I built the 80 to take to kart tracks as a training bike and that is exactly what I am doing with it so it will get ridden even without a competative class.

Later, Eric

Don,

You are right I did know that the bike wasn't legal and really either way it doesn't really matter. I have other bikes that are competative. But if a person looks at the future of this sport it makes sense to either create or modify a class that the 230's and the 85cc motards can run competatively. I mean what bike even has an 81 cc air cooled 2 stroke, or 160cc water cooled 4 stroke and as far as F4, who would want to ride a pre 1995 125cc motard? It will be 2005 shortly. Maybe the rules were written years ago with those bikes in mind. Who ever thought some goober would actually put street tires on a dirt bike and go road racing? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I do agree that an 85 cc motard would be a benefit against the gp 60's on a kart track but on the speedway tracks that the CMRA run it would not. I would like to find out by letting Anthony or someone get some time on both bikes around the same track and then compare lap times. I think it would be interesting to say the least. I do not agree with taking the motards out of any class. I built the 80 to take to kart tracks as a training bike and that is exactly what I am doing with it so it will get ridden even without a competative class.

Later, Eric

Well put Don.

FWIW, I have nothing against motards.

I do have something against changing rules yearly.

Bryan worked very hard on the class structure last year.

Let it settle at least a couple years before adjusting.

I know: people building bikes/ new bikes to market/ I want to run a wombat but there has
    to be a line drawn. Last year it was. Let it settle.

Eric, instead of petitioning for inclusion why not a "motard" class?

LW and HW mini motard?

Well put Don.

FWIW, I have nothing against motards.

I do have something against changing rules yearly.

Bryan worked very hard on the class structure last year.

Let it settle at least a couple years before adjusting.

I know: people building bikes/ new bikes to market/ I want to run a wombat but there has
    to be a line drawn. Last year it was. Let it settle.

Eric, instead of petitioning for inclusion why not a "motard" class?

LW and HW mini motard?