Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks BOD!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Thanks BOD!

Just got on the board after a couple of weeks away (it's hunting season now, not racing, you know [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] ). Anyway, I just wanted to voice how much I appreciate the BOD and all the volunteers and (under)paid workers of the CMRA. Y'all do a TERRIFIC job and have a very smooth running organization.

One thought, I participate in some other volunteer organizations that can have difficulties with meetings getting out of hand if you're not careful. It only takes one or two people to get a near mob scene going. Suggestion is it might be good to always have a moderator or some neutral person there to retain control of the meeting in cases like this. Of course, that would require ANOTHER volunteer, so maybe it's not realistic, just a thought.

Mostly, just wanted to say thanks to everyone, especially the long-termers like Brooks and Norm. Steve has also done a bang-up job and shows a real passion for the sport. Not mentioning these names to leave anyone else out, just listing by name a few of the outstanding folks we have around here. I am thrilled to even be in the same organization!
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Thanks BOD!

Just got on the board after a couple of weeks away (it's hunting season now, not racing, you know [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] ). Anyway, I just wanted to voice how much I appreciate the BOD and all the volunteers and (under)paid workers of the CMRA. Y'all do a TERRIFIC job and have a very smooth running organization.

One thought, I participate in some other volunteer organizations that can have difficulties with meetings getting out of hand if you're not careful. It only takes one or two people to get a near mob scene going. Suggestion is it might be good to always have a moderator or some neutral person there to retain control of the meeting in cases like this. Of course, that would require ANOTHER volunteer, so maybe it's not realistic, just a thought.

Mostly, just wanted to say thanks to everyone, especially the long-termers like Brooks and Norm. Steve has also done a bang-up job and shows a real passion for the sport. Not mentioning these names to leave anyone else out, just listing by name a few of the outstanding folks we have around here. I am thrilled to even be in the same organization!
    David B.

Norm McDonald

Re: Thanks BOD!

David Thanks. Next time we will have a sargent at arms. Maybe Walter. Norm

Norm McDonald

David Thanks. Next time we will have a sargent at arms. Maybe Walter. Norm

Problem with Walter is he looks scary but everyone knows he's just a big ole ***** cat.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

(hope I don't get black flaged for that next year..)

Problem with Walter is he looks scary but everyone knows he's just a big ole ***** cat.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

(hope I don't get black flaged for that next year..)

Agreed with what David said. Thanks!

and I would think you would want a REAL good plan before challenging Walter to any raslin matches!
    Mike Wright

Agreed with what David said. Thanks!

and I would think you would want a REAL good plan before challenging Walter to any raslin matches!
    Mike Wright

Norm McDonald

Emmett thats big talk from someone that can't even run!

Norm McDonald

Emmett thats big talk from someone that can't even run!