Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thousand dollar ambulance ride.

Thousand dollar ambulance ride.

Chris Newhouses crash last year at OakHill in
    T7 caused him to take a ride in the ambulance...

His insurance won't cover the $1000 bill from the
    ambulance company because they were already being
    paid to be on call.

Is this normal for the ambulance's that are on
    call and being paid already for our races to charge $1000 for a 10 mile ride when no other procedures other then putting you on a gurney are administered?

If so do other riders know if they take a ambulance ride it'll cost them $1000?

Someone could make money with a pick up taking
    riders to the hospital that were just banged up
    a bit....

Anyone?

Thousand dollar ambulance ride.

Chris Newhouses crash last year at OakHill in
    T7 caused him to take a ride in the ambulance...

His insurance won't cover the $1000 bill from the
    ambulance company because they were already being
    paid to be on call.

Is this normal for the ambulance's that are on
    call and being paid already for our races to charge $1000 for a 10 mile ride when no other procedures other then putting you on a gurney are administered?

If so do other riders know if they take a ambulance ride it'll cost them $1000?

Someone could make money with a pick up taking
    riders to the hospital that were just banged up
    a bit....

Anyone?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Re: Thousand dollar ambulance ride.

When I crashed at Hallett I had my Dad take me to the hospital (if you want to call it that) so the ambulance could stay for the other racers. Little did I know that I probably saved myself quite a bit of money (it still cost about $2300 for a pretty innocent lowside).
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

When I crashed at Hallett I had my Dad take me to the hospital (if you want to call it that) so the ambulance could stay for the other racers. Little did I know that I probably saved myself quite a bit of money (it still cost about $2300 for a pretty innocent lowside).
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Wow... I did not know that... I will never understand how insurance companies operate or see the justification in the decisions they make.

That is indeed unfortunate.

I don't want anyone to get hurt bad enough to need the ambulance however, it is only helps to have them at the track when they are needed instead of having to drive to and from.

Wow... I did not know that... I will never understand how insurance companies operate or see the justification in the decisions they make.

That is indeed unfortunate.

I don't want anyone to get hurt bad enough to need the ambulance however, it is only helps to have them at the track when they are needed instead of having to drive to and from.

My insurance covered both of my ambulance rides, even though both were at the track for that purpose.

Must depend on the insurance co.
    Jesse Johnson

BBS admin

My insurance covered both of my ambulance rides, even though both were at the track for that purpose.

Must depend on the insurance co.
    Jesse Johnson

BBS admin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jason Keene:
    understand how insurance companies operate or see the justification in the decisions they make.
    </div></div>Well, insurance companies provide their services to make a profit, and in doing so will think of any reason possible to cut your benefits, or find a way to not pay at all or pay a very nominal amount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jason Keene:
    understand how insurance companies operate or see the justification in the decisions they make.
    </div></div>Well, insurance companies provide their services to make a profit, and in doing so will think of any reason possible to cut your benefits, or find a way to not pay at all or pay a very nominal amount