Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed gun remains in jr. motard?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Speed gun remains in jr. motard?

So, looks like we've got the compromise rules for jr. motard (halfway between '03 and '04 rules):
    2003: Stock, period.
    2004: anything goes, but 50 mph speed limit
    2005: Stock, 50 mph speed limit.

Am I reading it correctly? I at least like the stock part though I thought I had heard that the 50 mph rule was going away as well. Have to go work on that dang speedo setup on the stock XR again. I think I've fragged two bicycle speedo magnets on that thing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Speed gun remains in jr. motard?

So, looks like we've got the compromise rules for jr. motard (halfway between '03 and '04 rules):
    2003: Stock, period.
    2004: anything goes, but 50 mph speed limit
    2005: Stock, 50 mph speed limit.

Am I reading it correctly? I at least like the stock part though I thought I had heard that the 50 mph rule was going away as well. Have to go work on that dang speedo setup on the stock XR again. I think I've fragged two bicycle speedo magnets on that thing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Re: Speed gun remains in jr. motard?

You have it right, stock bike and 50 mph speed limit.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

You have it right, stock bike and 50 mph speed limit.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Hey, just in the interest of clarity, rulebook says same thing for 2006 that it said for 2005, that is stock bikes, 50 mph speed limit. But in actuality, partway through the 2005 season, Walter dropped the 50 mph speed limit (mainly for being a "pain in the neck") which I heartily agree with by the way.

Just wondering if there was not the intention to drop the 50 mph speed limit for 2006, as it was done unofficially for the later part of the 2005 season.

And Walter, you may be happy to know that my son has hit 13 so we won't be there to bug you anymore about jr. motard stuff. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Just wanted it to be clear for everyone.

Oh yeah, I'm still holding out hope that I can get my 10 yr old daughter out there, but she's showing no interest so far.

Thanks for all you do!!!
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Hey, just in the interest of clarity, rulebook says same thing for 2006 that it said for 2005, that is stock bikes, 50 mph speed limit. But in actuality, partway through the 2005 season, Walter dropped the 50 mph speed limit (mainly for being a "pain in the neck") which I heartily agree with by the way.

Just wondering if there was not the intention to drop the 50 mph speed limit for 2006, as it was done unofficially for the later part of the 2005 season.

And Walter, you may be happy to know that my son has hit 13 so we won't be there to bug you anymore about jr. motard stuff. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Just wanted it to be clear for everyone.

Oh yeah, I'm still holding out hope that I can get my 10 yr old daughter out there, but she's showing no interest so far.

Thanks for all you do!!!
    David B.

so how does that mph limit work? Is the bike governed or does the rider just have to watch the speedo and not speed? Somehow that would just be hilarious if you got flagged for speeding- ON A RACE TRACK!!!

so how does that mph limit work? Is the bike governed or does the rider just have to watch the speedo and not speed? Somehow that would just be hilarious if you got flagged for speeding- ON A RACE TRACK!!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

I forgot about this one. With BOD approval I would like to just go with "stock bike!!!!, and forget about the 50 MPH thing. Stand by. I'll see what I can do.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

I forgot about this one. With BOD approval I would like to just go with "stock bike!!!!, and forget about the 50 MPH thing. Stand by. I'll see what I can do.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990