Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front number visibility

Front number visibility

I have bodywork that has a number plate on the left front side of the bike. Does it need to cover the whole front end?

Front number visibility

I have bodywork that has a number plate on the left front side of the bike. Does it need to cover the whole front end?

Re: Front number visibility

I also have a question about front plate numbers. The rule book specifies that the front plate numbers should be 8 inches high. I have looked at both dealers near me, and the largest they carry is 7 inch numbers. I have noticed that people seem to have different sizes of numbers on the front, so as long as they are clearly visible, is that ok? Are they going to take a ruler to the numbers in tech and not allow the bike to pass b/c of one inch?

I also have a question about front plate numbers. The rule book specifies that the front plate numbers should be 8 inches high. I have looked at both dealers near me, and the largest they carry is 7 inch numbers. I have noticed that people seem to have different sizes of numbers on the front, so as long as they are clearly visible, is that ok? Are they going to take a ruler to the numbers in tech and not allow the bike to pass b/c of one inch?

Bryan, unless it has the airscoop in the middle like a 636 or rc51, you should make it the whole front of your bike. David, 7" numbers should be fine.

The only thing I need to point out is that if your transponder fails and the manual scorers can't read your number, you are S.O.L.

Jess
    Jesse Johnson

BBS admin

Bryan, unless it has the airscoop in the middle like a 636 or rc51, you should make it the whole front of your bike. David, 7" numbers should be fine.

The only thing I need to point out is that if your transponder fails and the manual scorers can't read your number, you are S.O.L.

Jess
    Jesse Johnson

BBS admin

Kim Walker, our Chief Manual Scorer has final say of all numbers on bikes.

She checks them out in tech in the morning...if they're not acceptable, she'll tell you and suggest a way to correct it.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Kim Walker, our Chief Manual Scorer has final say of all numbers on bikes.

She checks them out in tech in the morning...if they're not acceptable, she'll tell you and suggest a way to correct it.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

If the rule book says 8" couldn't you be protested? I mean if someone wanted to be that picky 'cause you beat them? Rules are rules right? My bike looks bad with the huge numbers but I'm not going to take the chance. What class are you in Bryan and David? LOL

If the rule book says 8" couldn't you be protested? I mean if someone wanted to be that picky 'cause you beat them? Rules are rules right? My bike looks bad with the huge numbers but I'm not going to take the chance. What class are you in Bryan and David? LOL