Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front number visibility

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Re: Front number visibility

Hey Buck,

I asked Walter about your protest question, although I'm certain that you were just kidding [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] , and he said that the size of numbers are not protestable. The guidelines in the rulebook are just that--"guidelines". Sometimes exceptions have to be made because of the shape and construction of the body work. Judegements will be made on an individual basis.

Bryan,

I don't mind the numbers sideways along the front fairing as long as I can still read them. Normally, the only time I score off of a side plate is because the front plate wasn't clear. Just keep in mind that when we go "backward" at Hallett, the numbers need to be on the appropriate background and on the right side of the bike, not the left.

See ya Saturday, bright and early, [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    Kim Walker
    Chief Manual Scorer
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Hey Buck,

I asked Walter about your protest question, although I'm certain that you were just kidding [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] , and he said that the size of numbers are not protestable. The guidelines in the rulebook are just that--"guidelines". Sometimes exceptions have to be made because of the shape and construction of the body work. Judegements will be made on an individual basis.

Bryan,

I don't mind the numbers sideways along the front fairing as long as I can still read them. Normally, the only time I score off of a side plate is because the front plate wasn't clear. Just keep in mind that when we go "backward" at Hallett, the numbers need to be on the appropriate background and on the right side of the bike, not the left.

See ya Saturday, bright and early, [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    Kim Walker
    Chief Manual Scorer
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Buck Beasley:
    If the rule book says 8" couldn't you be protested? I mean if someone wanted to be that picky 'cause you beat them? Rules are rules right? My bike looks bad with the huge numbers but I'm not going to take the chance. What class are you in Bryan and David? LOL </div></div>I don't think I'll be protested much... how often does the last place rider protest the next-to-last place rider's machine? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Buck Beasley:
    If the rule book says 8" couldn't you be protested? I mean if someone wanted to be that picky 'cause you beat them? Rules are rules right? My bike looks bad with the huge numbers but I'm not going to take the chance. What class are you in Bryan and David? LOL </div></div>I don't think I'll be protested much... how often does the last place rider protest the next-to-last place rider's machine? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Buck,
    8" numbers are easier to spot out in the tall grass. May i suggest 'safety orange' as a body work color so we can find you. LOL
    see you sat. nite!!
    Where is your Positude??

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Buck,
    8" numbers are easier to spot out in the tall grass. May i suggest 'safety orange' as a body work color so we can find you. LOL
    see you sat. nite!!
    Where is your Positude??