Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superstock Regs...

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Superstock Regs...

I was wondering, would a bike still qualify for superstock class if it's composed of different year model components?

For example, an '03 CBR600RR with '05 front end?
    Sprint #870
    Rockstar Racing II #26
    "ChopStix Mafia" member 001

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Superstock Regs...

I was wondering, would a bike still qualify for superstock class if it's composed of different year model components?

For example, an '03 CBR600RR with '05 front end?
    Sprint #870
    Rockstar Racing II #26

Re: Superstock Regs...

According to Section 6.2 (i) of the rulebook, fork springs and internals may be changed, and fork caps can be replaced to allow external adjustment. It doesn't say anything about being able to change the entire front end, so I would say No.

Unless you're being effectively given this front end, I would say it would be much more worth your time and money to rework your stock forks.

According to Section 6.2 (i) of the rulebook, fork springs and internals may be changed, and fork caps can be replaced to allow external adjustment. It doesn't say anything about being able to change the entire front end, so I would say No.

Unless you're being effectively given this front end, I would say it would be much more worth your time and money to rework your stock forks.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

I guess what I'm confused about is the mixing and matching of interchangable parts from different year models of the same bike... It's one of those things that isn't clear in the rule book, or not clear to me at least.

Since both are stock parts but from different year models, wouldn't the resulting bike be considered stock?

Another example...
    What about an '03 engine in an '05 chassis, both are stock with no modifications?
    Sprint #870
    Rockstar Racing II #26

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

I guess what I'm confused about is the mixing and matching of interchangable parts from different year models of the same bike... It's one of those things that isn't clear in the rule book, or not clear to me at least.

Since both are stock parts but from different year models, wouldn't the resulting bike be considered stock?

Another example...
    What about an '03 engine in an '05 chassis, both are stock with no modifications?
    Sprint #870
    Rockstar Racing II #26

A stock bike refers to how it was sold on the showroom floor. Production.

You can't takes bits and parts from different year models, put them together and have a stock motorcycle.

Not stock parts...stock motorcycle.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

A stock bike refers to how it was sold on the showroom floor. Production.

You can't takes bits and parts from different year models, put them together and have a stock motorcycle.

Not stock parts...stock motorcycle.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Generally, there is no updating or backdating of OEM parts allowed in Superstock, and the rulebook will have that clause in the future, however, the last line of the Superstock regulations currently covers it by saying "The items above constitute the entire realm of deviation from showroom stock for Superstock classes. If it does not mention you CAN do it, then you CAN NOT."

Generally, there is no updating or backdating of OEM parts allowed in Superstock, and the rulebook will have that clause in the future, however, the last line of the Superstock regulations currently covers it by saying "The items above constitute the entire realm of deviation from showroom stock for Superstock classes. If it does not mention you CAN do it, then you CAN NOT."