Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jr. Motard

Jr. Motard

I have a suggestion that will possibly help our Jr. Motard event. Since the original rules are back and the predominate bike is a TTR 90, why can't we just do away with the speed limit. both Ethan and Jake's bikes are completely stock with the stock gearing. These two kids ran a hell of a race on Sunday just to get disqualified. This is basically a spec class anyway. It is very hard to keep the bike under but close to 50 so Fred and I decided to go with the stock gearing. Every track is different some with longer straights and some with more inclines, and don't forget about the tail winds or head winds. It would be alot easier on you, the kids, and the parents if we just stated stock... Some kids may run 54 mph and some may run 35 mph depending on their skill level and track conditions. This means no guess work for anyone, you either race your bike stock or get disqualified.

Thanks, Eric Yost

Jr. Motard

I have a suggestion that will possibly help our Jr. Motard event. Since the original rules are back and the predominate bike is a TTR 90, why can't we just do away with the speed limit. both Ethan and Jake's bikes are completely stock with the stock gearing. These two kids ran a hell of a race on Sunday just to get disqualified. This is basically a spec class anyway. It is very hard to keep the bike under but close to 50 so Fred and I decided to go with the stock gearing. Every track is different some with longer straights and some with more inclines, and don't forget about the tail winds or head winds. It would be alot easier on you, the kids, and the parents if we just stated stock... Some kids may run 54 mph and some may run 35 mph depending on their skill level and track conditions. This means no guess work for anyone, you either race your bike stock or get disqualified.

Thanks, Eric Yost

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Re: Jr. Motard

Well now that is just too funny to pass up! Eric, I met you this weekend I think, and you are a very pleasant fellow (I think it was you that loaned me the orange cones to protect my spot and stuff while I ran to town Friday night). However, after all the stuff a year ago (ref: http://www.frenzy.com/UBB/cgi-bin/ul...5;t=000138;p=1 ) with you pushing out the original rules in favor of being able to mod your 50 to an 88 instead of buying a TTR90, which resulted in the #*&^% 50 mph speed limit (when no one has a speedometer)...

But NOW, when your kid (who has in the meantime, managed to acquire a TTR90) gets dq'd on a completely stock bike (just like we got last year at TWS after being legal in practice), you want the rules changed again?!

Priceless.

p.s. Ethan and Jake both rode terrific races. Congratulations to them on a fine race.
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Well now that is just too funny to pass up! Eric, I met you this weekend I think, and you are a very pleasant fellow (I think it was you that loaned me the orange cones to protect my spot and stuff while I ran to town Friday night). However, after all the stuff a year ago (ref: http://www.frenzy.com/UBB/cgi-bin/ul...5;t=000138;p=1 ) with you pushing out the original rules in favor of being able to mod your 50 to an 88 instead of buying a TTR90, which resulted in the #*&^% 50 mph speed limit (when no one has a speedometer)...

But NOW, when your kid (who has in the meantime, managed to acquire a TTR90) gets dq'd on a completely stock bike (just like we got last year at TWS after being legal in practice), you want the rules changed again?!

Priceless.

p.s. Ethan and Jake both rode terrific races. Congratulations to them on a fine race.
    David B.

David,

Call it what you want. All I want is for the kids to be able to race without getting hurt physically or disqualified. If you read the old posts I pushed for the kid on the klx 110 to be able to race. The only reason I wanted the Honda's allowed is that it was what we owned. The 88cc kit was always in Ethan's bike and I didn't see why it was necessary to go spend another $2K when his current bike would suffice. I also suspected that the littke 88cc Honda would be competative and wanted him to be able to race without being disqualified. Hence my pushing for a more rounded set of rules be it cc limits or MPH limits. Now however, the rules are changed yet again, and rather than stirring up the pot I bit the bullet and conformed only to be disqualified.. Under the old rules I could see the need for a MPH limit because different bikes might go too far over 50 to keep the kiddo's safe. I don't think the speed limit was set up concerning the equality of machines considering this has been stated many times over to not be a competative race. The way the rules are written today it does not exclude any bike from racing, but in a round about way does eliminate most from being competative other than the TTR 90. For instance you can race an xr-50, xr-70, KTM-50, etc., but must keep them stock. You know as well as I do that known of those bikes wiil run up to par with a TTR-90 without added cc's. In my mind we now have just about as close as we could get to a spec class and I don't have a problem with that. So why not make it easy on everyone and keep them stock?? We know the stock TTR 90 will only go 54 MPH on a good day. At OHR the kids didn't break any speed limits but at MSR some did. So now we will need to play the guessing game for different tracks and gearing. All because of less than 5 MPH difference in speed. Anyway, I am sure people will still beleive what they want about me and other parents involved in this sport despite my exlanations. This is fine with me I am not out here to win a popularity contest I just want my son and I to have a good time. Changing gearing from track to track or between practice and the races, or getting disqualified directly affects this outcome.

Later, Eric

David,

Call it what you want. All I want is for the kids to be able to race without getting hurt physically or disqualified. If you read the old posts I pushed for the kid on the klx 110 to be able to race. The only reason I wanted the Honda's allowed is that it was what we owned. The 88cc kit was always in Ethan's bike and I didn't see why it was necessary to go spend another $2K when his current bike would suffice. I also suspected that the littke 88cc Honda would be competative and wanted him to be able to race without being disqualified. Hence my pushing for a more rounded set of rules be it cc limits or MPH limits. Now however, the rules are changed yet again, and rather than stirring up the pot I bit the bullet and conformed only to be disqualified.. Under the old rules I could see the need for a MPH limit because different bikes might go too far over 50 to keep the kiddo's safe. I don't think the speed limit was set up concerning the equality of machines considering this has been stated many times over to not be a competative race. The way the rules are written today it does not exclude any bike from racing, but in a round about way does eliminate most from being competative other than the TTR 90. For instance you can race an xr-50, xr-70, KTM-50, etc., but must keep them stock. You know as well as I do that known of those bikes wiil run up to par with a TTR-90 without added cc's. In my mind we now have just about as close as we could get to a spec class and I don't have a problem with that. So why not make it easy on everyone and keep them stock?? We know the stock TTR 90 will only go 54 MPH on a good day. At OHR the kids didn't break any speed limits but at MSR some did. So now we will need to play the guessing game for different tracks and gearing. All because of less than 5 MPH difference in speed. Anyway, I am sure people will still beleive what they want about me and other parents involved in this sport despite my exlanations. This is fine with me I am not out here to win a popularity contest I just want my son and I to have a good time. Changing gearing from track to track or between practice and the races, or getting disqualified directly affects this outcome.

Later, Eric

Ok, I read the thread twice to make sure.

Maybe I need a third time, but here goes.

I watched the races and was impressed by all the kids having a very good handle on how to work the bikes and the track. They tucked when they should, leaned in, very good overall. I was impressed with the skill level at that age.

I was talking to my son about his interest level, and might have to do something later in the season or next.

Now, with that said, I have a question.

Are the restrictions placed on the class to keep the kids honest, or the parents.

I can put race pistons in my TL, which aren't street legal, and no cop would ticket me for it.
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Ok, I read the thread twice to make sure.

Maybe I need a third time, but here goes.

I watched the races and was impressed by all the kids having a very good handle on how to work the bikes and the track. They tucked when they should, leaned in, very good overall. I was impressed with the skill level at that age.

I was talking to my son about his interest level, and might have to do something later in the season or next.

Now, with that said, I have a question.

Are the restrictions placed on the class to keep the kids honest, or the parents.

I can put race pistons in my TL, which aren't street legal, and no cop would ticket me for it.
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Blog Entries

Maybe we need to go back to the original idea.

STOCK TTR90's nothing else. NO gearing changes, or ANYTHING. OOPS, tires of course.

Sorry, if you don't have one, get one.

However, it could be Honda's, Kawasaki's, Suzuki's etc. But it needs to stay w/ ONE STOCK BIKE.
    IMHO!!!
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Blog Entries

Maybe we need to go back to the original idea.

STOCK TTR90's nothing else. NO gearing changes, or ANYTHING. OOPS, tires of course.

Sorry, if you don't have one, get one.

However, it could be Honda's, Kawasaki's, Suzuki's etc. But it needs to stay w/ ONE STOCK BIKE.
    IMHO!!!
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003