Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Transponder - ok to mount INSIDE tail?

Re: Transponder - ok to mount INSIDE tail?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For example at TWS, Tony Wang's transponder was not working. It took us 5 laps to figure out which bike was not being picked up.
    </div></div>Figures an Arkie would give ya trouble. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I know there are more ways than one to skin a cat and I'm NOT complaining here.

I'm curious as to why on top of the tail section and not like on the fork.

Was that decision made primarily because it would make the transponder easy to see from the scoring booth, Derek? Or were there other factors as well?
    Back Marker Racing Endurance #33
    Back Marker Racing Mini #22
    Sprint #233

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For example at TWS, Tony Wang's transponder was not working. It took us 5 laps to figure out which bike was not being picked up.
    </div></div>Figures an Arkie would give ya trouble. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I know there are more ways than one to skin a cat and I'm NOT complaining here.

I'm curious as to why on top of the tail section and not like on the fork.

Was that decision made primarily because it would make the transponder easy to see from the scoring booth, Derek? Or were there other factors as well?
    Sprint #233

Jonathan, yes we need to be able to see the transponder. I think there would be too many obstructions on the fork, and then we'd be discussing whether the transponder should be mounted on the left or right fork. So how about right on top and in the middle of the tail section?

At PPIR last weekend, the AMA had a sign at the entrance to pit out that said, "Got Transponder?" ... I thought it was funny [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jonathan, yes we need to be able to see the transponder. I think there would be too many obstructions on the fork, and then we'd be discussing whether the transponder should be mounted on the left or right fork. So how about right on top and in the middle of the tail section?

At PPIR last weekend, the AMA had a sign at the entrance to pit out that said, "Got Transponder?" ... I thought it was funny [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Werd.
    Sprint #233

Werd.
    Sprint #233

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Yeah, Derek, I've seen that sign before. I about fell over when I saw it. Race humor. Ain't it grand. LOL...
    Sprint #870
    Rockstar Racing II #26
    "ChopStix Mafia" member 001

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Yeah, Derek, I've seen that sign before. I about fell over when I saw it. Race humor. Ain't it grand. LOL...
    Sprint #870
    Rockstar Racing II #26
    "ChopStix Mafia" member 001

On the 15th reading, I have a question.

if I build a bracket that put the top of the transponder flush with the top of the tail, would it pass tech?

it will move the transponder out of kick range when riders are mounting the bike but should allow everyone to see the device.

Thoughts, comments?

Thanks for listening,

David
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

On the 15th reading, I have a question.

if I build a bracket that put the top of the transponder flush with the top of the tail, would it pass tech?

it will move the transponder out of kick range when riders are mounting the bike but should allow everyone to see the device.

Thoughts, comments?

Thanks for listening,

David
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.