Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Formula 7 rule question...

Formula 7 rule question...

I have a question regarding the NSR 50 (small wheeled version) in the F7 class... Some of the guys in F7 were discussing something and I figured I'd ask you guys to see what the deal was.

Since the small wheeled NSR50 is water cooled, is the stock displacement legal for Formula 7?

The rule book says the NSR is legal for F6, and F7 water cooled motors are only legal in the YSR chasis...

If it is allowed then what about allowing the air cooled bikes an option for a larger over bore.

Air cooled ysr's and 4 stroke XR motors are at a dis-advantage, even if they are at the maximum allowed overbore, with the current displacement maximums...

Simple example would be in the F7 Endurance class.

With the exception of a mechanical in two events, TEAM Excel ran an average of 3 seconds faster than any other bike in it's class.

This mechanical advantage crossed over to the sprint class...

When you can, let me know... I'm starting a new build and want to explore available options now.

Formula 7 rule question...

I have a question regarding the NSR 50 (small wheeled version) in the F7 class... Some of the guys in F7 were discussing something and I figured I'd ask you guys to see what the deal was.

Since the small wheeled NSR50 is water cooled, is the stock displacement legal for Formula 7?

The rule book says the NSR is legal for F6, and F7 water cooled motors are only legal in the YSR chasis...

If it is allowed then what about allowing the air cooled bikes an option for a larger over bore.

Air cooled ysr's and 4 stroke XR motors are at a dis-advantage, even if they are at the maximum allowed overbore, with the current displacement maximums...

Simple example would be in the F7 Endurance class.

With the exception of a mechanical in two events, TEAM Excel ran an average of 3 seconds faster than any other bike in it's class.

This mechanical advantage crossed over to the sprint class...

When you can, let me know... I'm starting a new build and want to explore available options now.

Re: Formula 7 rule question...

Anything?

Anything?

Jason,

What are you thinking the displacement and/or modification changes should be?

Bill

Jason,

What are you thinking the displacement and/or modification changes should be?

Bill

Just my opinion....F7 should be for air cooled only...when the bike that wins the F6 race competes in the F7 race there is no competition…and any YSR with a YSR motor has no chance anymore..I don't care what is done to it....

Just my opinion....F7 should be for air cooled only...when the bike that wins the F6 race competes in the F7 race there is no competition…and any YSR with a YSR motor has no chance anymore..I don't care what is done to it....

Well, as far as displacement for Formula 7, I was thinking 115cc for four stroke air cooled.

Page 22 section 6.2 says that a 55cc water cooled engine is allowed ONLY IN THE YSR CHASIS. It makes no mention of Formula or Superbike rule application.

That is the only mention for a water cooled engine in that class... I was under the impression that Formula 7 was a class that was designed to be an aircooled class. I understand people tinker around so allowing a DT50 motor in a YSR chassis is fine and fun to build.

Back to the original point...

The rule book does say the NSR 50r is legal for Formula 6.
    I'm not an expert on the NSR's but it seems to reason that the big wheeled bikes and little wheeled bikes are running the same motor or something so similar they should be classed as such. That bike puts out way more power than a stock YSR or XR 100.

So back to my original question... is the small wheeled NSR 50 legal in F 7?

If so, it does not say it is in the rule book...

Your attention to this matter would be appreciated.

Well, as far as displacement for Formula 7, I was thinking 115cc for four stroke air cooled.

Page 22 section 6.2 says that a 55cc water cooled engine is allowed ONLY IN THE YSR CHASIS. It makes no mention of Formula or Superbike rule application.

That is the only mention for a water cooled engine in that class... I was under the impression that Formula 7 was a class that was designed to be an aircooled class. I understand people tinker around so allowing a DT50 motor in a YSR chassis is fine and fun to build.

Back to the original point...

The rule book does say the NSR 50r is legal for Formula 6.
    I'm not an expert on the NSR's but it seems to reason that the big wheeled bikes and little wheeled bikes are running the same motor or something so similar they should be classed as such. That bike puts out way more power than a stock YSR or XR 100.

So back to my original question... is the small wheeled NSR 50 legal in F 7?

If so, it does not say it is in the rule book...

Your attention to this matter would be appreciated.