Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CMRA Gearing Package 2 fronts, 2 chains, 4 rears

Re: CMRA Gearing Package 2 fronts, 2 chains, 4 rears

Given that we've sold a grand total of 1 (one) of these I have a feeling people are still sheepish about learning for themselves... Still getting lots of emails about "what gearing do I use with my R6 at Oak Hill because I have a slipon and a K&N..." Trust me when I tell you, you'll spend a LOT more than $350 in the long run trying to piece a gearing package together one at a time. Not to mention the much steeper learning curve if you do it that way.

The only way to know what gearing to use is to have a base-line "good" setup, then fine tune it. The good news is that with this $350 setup, you basically have every sprocket you will need for all lightweights, all 600s, most 750s and for the 1000cc bikes you'll only need one (maybe two if you are really on the gas at TWS) more rear sprockets for every possible ratio required at the CMRA tracks.
    The Short Bus Races Again!

Given that we've sold a grand total of 1 (one) of these I have a feeling people are still sheepish about learning for themselves... Still getting lots of emails about "what gearing do I use with my R6 at Oak Hill because I have a slipon and a K&N..." Trust me when I tell you, you'll spend a LOT more than $350 in the long run trying to piece a gearing package together one at a time. Not to mention the much steeper learning curve if you do it that way.

The only way to know what gearing to use is to have a base-line "good" setup, then fine tune it. The good news is that with this $350 setup, you basically have every sprocket you will need for all lightweights, all 600s, most 750s and for the 1000cc bikes you'll only need one (maybe two if you are really on the gas at TWS) more rear sprockets for every possible ratio required at the CMRA tracks.

The only 750s that will require any additional sprockets are the newest generation ZX7s. The Gixxer 750s you'll have it covered with this setup. Some people will also use a 51 or 52T sprocket at Oak Hill on an R6 which sounds absurd on paper but it works for a lot of people.

But again, I'll reiterate, the only way to know for sure is to start with a good baseline and go up one, down one, up two, down two, up three, down three etc, up four etc etc...

Gearing for roadracing is an art, not a science.

The only 750s that will require any additional sprockets are the newest generation ZX7s. The Gixxer 750s you'll have it covered with this setup. Some people will also use a 51 or 52T sprocket at Oak Hill on an R6 which sounds absurd on paper but it works for a lot of people.

But again, I'll reiterate, the only way to know for sure is to start with a good baseline and go up one, down one, up two, down two, up three, down three etc, up four etc etc...

Gearing for roadracing is an art, not a science.

so it doesn't sound like a salesman making his pitch, THIS IS A GREAT DEAL! And he's right. Piece things together is hard way to figure it out. This covers it all!!!

so it doesn't sound like a salesman making his pitch, THIS IS A GREAT DEAL! And he's right. Piece things together is hard way to figure it out. This covers it all!!!

Joe,

This is a too sweet deal, why didn't you offer this 2 years ago? The clued in racer would see that they can lock in gearing for this season and most, if not all, of next for this price.

Everyone wants to shave seconds off their lap times. You want to pull the corners or the straights, this could have it all.
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Joe,

This is a too sweet deal, why didn't you offer this 2 years ago? The clued in racer would see that they can lock in gearing for this season and most, if not all, of next for this price.

Everyone wants to shave seconds off their lap times. You want to pull the corners or the straights, this could have it all.
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

TIm it would be easiest to give us a call at 512-416-1800 make sure you tell the sales rep you are CMRA. Thanks.

TIm it would be easiest to give us a call at 512-416-1800 make sure you tell the sales rep you are CMRA. Thanks.