+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer Corner Working - Gettin' Paid Watchin' Racin'!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    41R

Volunteer Corner Working - Gettin' Paid Watchin' Racin'!

Corner working for the CMRA is a great way to spend a weekend. If you enjoy lots of action, great racing, and fun people, we have a spot for YOU!

A typical day starts at 6:30 am at corner worker check-in. This is where we get you signed in, assigned a corner, a radio, t-shirt, and the necessities you will need throughout the day. Around 7:15 am, all of the corner workers will have a short meeting to go over procedures, flags, and equipment operation and answer any questions you might have. By 7:45 am we will truck all corner workers to their corner. On occasion we allow you to drive your vehicle, weather conditions and safety permitting. The race day starts with practice around 8:15 am, and cannot begin until all corner workers are in place, so please come prepared. Throughout the day you will communicate with Race Control about “events” in your corner and assist racers. Depending on the day you work, the schedule will vary, but generally speaking lunch is at 12:00 pm (provided by the club) and the day doesn’t end until sunset.

What We Provide:
    • Water
    • Lunch
    • Canopy
    • $80.00 per day
    • Free weekend gate pass
    • A Great Experience!

What You Need To Bring:
    • Chair
    • Cooler
    • Snacks
    • Appropriate weather gear (watch the weather and plan ahead!)

Detailed weekend event schedules are posted on the Schedule Page. You can post your request to work as soon as you know what works best for you. Please post only once. Space is limited at each track so sign up early. If you commit to a particular day, PLEASE show up!

We depend on corner workers to get the racing started on time. We Can’t Race Without YOU!

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO CORNER WORK ON THIS THREAD. EACH EVENT HAS IT'S OWN SIGN UP THREAD.
    Last edited by Nancy Selleck; 05-07-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    ”The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” - Chinese Proverb

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Post cornerworking

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Nichols View Post
    Corner working for the CMRA is a great way to spend a weekend. If you enjoy lots of action, great racing, and fun people, we have a spot for YOU!

A typical day starts at 6:30 am at corner worker check-in. This is where we get you signed in, assigned a corner, a radio, t-shirt, and the necessities you will need throughout the day. Around 7:15 am, all of the corner workers will have a short meeting to go over procedures, flags, and equipment operation and answer any questions you might have. By 7:45 am we will truck all corner workers to their corner. On occasion we allow you to drive your vehicle, weather conditions and safety permitting. The race day starts with practice around 8:15 am, and cannot begin until all corner workers are in place, so please come prepared. Throughout the day you will communicate with Race Control about “events” in your corner and assist racers. Depending on the day you work, the schedule will vary, but generally speaking lunch is at 12:00 pm (provided by the club) and the day doesn’t end until sunset.

What We Provide:
    • Water
    • Lunch
    • Canopy
    • $60.00 per day
    • Free Gate Entry (for each day worked)
    • A Great Experience!

What You Need To Bring:
    • Chair
    • Cooler
    • Snacks
    • Appropriate weather gear (watch the weather and plan ahead!)

The race schedule is posted on the website. <span style="color: #3366FF">You can Post your request to work as soon as you know what works best for you. Please Post only once and be sure and use your real name! Space is limited at each track so sign up early.</span> If you commit to a particular day, PLEASE show up!

We depend on corner workers to get the racing started on time. We Can’t Race Without YOU!

Thank You,
    Barry & Roxana Nichols
    i would like to sign up for cornerworking on sunday at texas world my name is kevin taylor

Status
    Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Taylor View Post
    i would like to sign up for cornerworking on sunday at texas world my name is kevin taylor
    Try this thread Kevin.......... http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread...-23-3-24/page3
    BOHICA-ModClassic Champ
    Lame Duc Racing
    Sport Rider Coaching #43 ULWE
    Torquasaurus #10 BBE-F2 Champ

Bike #
    Thanks, Manny.

I moved your post to the correct thread here: http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread...14-06-16/page3
    Last edited by Nancy Selleck; 06-11-2013 at 11:25 AM.

How do I sign up for Sunday Jul 7 at Cresson? My Name is Ed Foo

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Foo View Post
    How do I sign up for Sunday Jul 7 at Cresson? My Name is Ed Foo
    Go to the thread for MSR and sign up.

Here's the link: http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread...R-July-7-6-7-7

A new thread is opened up for each event.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

I'd like to sign up for working corners at the Hallett race.

I will be driving from Louisiana on Friday night from Louisiana to race Hamlett on Sunday. I will not arrive to the track until +/- 5 am Saturday morning and I still have to corner work to fulfill my prov-nov duties. Can my wife corner work half a day for me on Saturday, and me work the other half so I can knock out some of my corner working obligations?

OOps sorry guys, wrong place to post this, and I meant Hallet by the way :/

I would like to sign up for corner working on Sunday Feb 11th at MSR Houston. It will be my first session towards getting my Prov Nov promoted to Novice.

+ Reply to Thread