+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer Corner Working - Gettin' Paid Watchin' Racin'!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Brennan View Post
    I would like to sign up for corner working on Sunday Feb 11th at MSR Houston. It will be my first session towards getting my Prov Nov promoted to Novice.
    Hi PJ,

There is a specific thread for sign-up for each race weekend. I've added you there: http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread...l=1#post344274
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Are there any spots left for Saturday cornerworker at NOLA. I’d like to do it please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Chacon View Post
    Are there any spots left for Saturday cornerworker at NOLA. I’d like to do it please!!
    Hi Dustin, this is not the correct thread to sign up for CW. But, if you go here... http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread...ARCH-9-11-2018 I will put you in for Saturday.

Will work corner on 4/6 and 4/8 at Cresson.

Prov Nov worker

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Nichols View Post
    Corner working for the CMRA is a great way to spend a weekend. If you enjoy lots of action, great racing, and fun people, we have a spot for YOU!

A typical day starts at 6:30 am at corner worker check-in. This is where we get you signed in, assigned a corner, a radio, t-shirt, and the necessities you will need throughout the day. Around 7:15 am, all of the corner workers will have a short meeting to go over procedures, flags, and equipment operation and answer any questions you might have. By 7:45 am we will truck all corner workers to their corner. On occasion we allow you to drive your vehicle, weather conditions and safety permitting. The race day starts with practice around 8:15 am, and cannot begin until all corner workers are in place, so please come prepared. Throughout the day you will communicate with Race Control about “events” in your corner and assist racers. Depending on the day you work, the schedule will vary, but generally speaking lunch is at 12:00 pm (provided by the club) and the day doesn’t end until sunset.

What We Provide:
    • Water
    • Lunch
    • Canopy
    • $80.00 per day
    • Free weekend gate pass
    • A Great Experience!

What You Need To Bring:
    • Chair
    • Cooler
    • Snacks
    • Appropriate weather gear (watch the weather and plan ahead!)

Detailed weekend event schedules are posted on the Schedule Page. You can post your request to work as soon as you know what works best for you. Please post only once. Space is limited at each track so sign up early. If you commit to a particular day, PLEASE show up!

We depend on corner workers to get the racing started on time. We Can’t Race Without YOU!

I would like to sign up for corner work at hallett. I would like to substitute Friday for a Sunday. I would also be available for the racing Saturday. In short I would like to work as a corner worker on Friday practice and Saturday races ?
    Last edited by Eric Payne; 05-03-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Hello my name is Eric Payne. I am a Prov Nov hoping to do my corner work at Hallett. If possible I would like to substitute my Sunday for a Friday? I will be available for Friday and Saturday at the hallett race weekend.

Bike #
    Eric, to to this link... there is a new thread for each race weekend.
    http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread...MAY-18-20-2018
    Dean "Sparky" Darnell
    former owner, #91 BootLeggers LWE
    Former #912 Novice , but still "Fat guy on a small bike"

I will be new to the Dallas Fort Worth area in July. Is there any tracks I can work corners at?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Conway View Post
    I will be new to the Dallas Fort Worth area in July. Is there any tracks I can work corners at?
    Hi Tommy,

Welcome to DFW in July! Our season schedule is posted on the Schedule Page of the website: http://www.cmraracing.com/attachment...7&d=1513113798. In the DFW area, we race at MotorSport Ranch in Cresson. Cresson is 25 miles southwest of Fort Worth on Hwy 377. We will be there July 27-29 and then again August 17-19.

Please feel free to contact me at the CMRA office with questions or to get additional information.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Hello, where can I find more details on the Air fence option? Corner working is well documented, but what all is involved with air fence? What time do you have to arrive to tear it down? About how long does it take? Any special tools or equipment? I ask because I am considering racing on Sunday morning, is it feasible to race and volunteer for air fence same day?

thanks

+ Reply to Thread