Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWS Paving?

Re: TWS Paving?

Parts of the track are being re-paved in anticipation of NASCAR practicing/testing there.

NASCAR rules do not allow praticing/testing on tracks where they will be racing.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Parts of the track are being re-paved in anticipation of NASCAR practicing/testing there.

NASCAR rules do not allow praticing/testing on tracks where they will be racing.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

The banking (NASCAR T1 through T4) was not paved, it was ground and sealed for the reason Nancy mentioned above. From the video I can't tell if 7 through 8A has beed paved or ground and sealed also. Stand by and I'll find out.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

The banking (NASCAR T1 through T4) was not paved, it was ground and sealed for the reason Nancy mentioned above. From the video I can't tell if 7 through 8A has beed paved or ground and sealed also. Stand by and I'll find out.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Not to ask for more repair but while doing the dirt work in T 8A I had the chance to roll the track and noticed in T 6 the same erosion problems on the surface of the pavement as T 8A was having. Of course this month is now two years since the work was done in 8.
    HOPEFULLY the new track owners would work (pave) that section of T6 as they have in T8. At least the cost of repair would be minimal due to T6 being a small/shorter turn.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Not to ask for more repair but while doing the dirt work in T 8A I had the chance to roll the track and noticed in T 6 the same erosion problems on the surface of the pavement as T 8A was having. Of course this month is now two years since the work was done in 8.
    HOPEFULLY the new track owners would work (pave) that section of T6 as they have in T8. At least the cost of repair would be minimal due to T6 being a small/shorter turn.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nancy Selleck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Parts of the track are being re-paved in anticipation of NASCAR practicing/testing there.

NASCAR rules do not allow praticing/testing on tracks where they will be racing. </div></div>

It's already happening. According to scuttlebutt, during a January 2009 test, Greg Biffle hit 218 miles-per-hour in a test for Roush Fenway Racing as part of evading NASCAR's testing ban.
    Linz
    Expert #97
    CRRC/CMRA Member Since 1987
    Former and Current BoD Member
    Former CMRA Staffer

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nancy Selleck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Parts of the track are being re-paved in anticipation of NASCAR practicing/testing there.

NASCAR rules do not allow praticing/testing on tracks where they will be racing. </div></div>

It's already happening. According to scuttlebutt, during a January 2009 test, Greg Biffle hit 218 miles-per-hour in a test for Roush Fenway Racing as part of evading NASCAR's testing ban.
    Linz
    Expert #97
    CRRC/CMRA Member Since 1987
    Former and Current BoD Member
    Former CMRA Staffer

Linz, this is true. I have been doing most of my work in the Navasota area and have seen several NASCAR transporters running up and down Hwy 6 this month. Something you don't see here much if at all in the past.

By the way. When are you going to get with me and hit those county roads with the Dully? You will LOVE Co. RD. 405. at about oh 80 or 85 you get air with the 1 ton on several occasions.

Linz, this is true. I have been doing most of my work in the Navasota area and have seen several NASCAR transporters running up and down Hwy 6 this month. Something you don't see here much if at all in the past.

By the way. When are you going to get with me and hit those county roads with the Dully? You will LOVE Co. RD. 405. at about oh 80 or 85 you get air with the 1 ton on several occasions.