Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Peek at 2010 Rule Changes

Re: Peek at 2010 Rule Changes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gamba Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Danny I think my bike and hector's were the only ones that would be heavyweight from last year.
    my question would be with the HW/LW split will there be enough racers to have the 4 racer average for a championship to be awarded per section 6.4 CMRA Sprint Series Points and Awards </div></div>

That and any contingency money was going to be my next point....
    CMRA &quot;Forced Retirement&quot;

What you should have said is that C-SS Endurance has been eliminated.
    #88 Caveman Racing Team
    CMRA#988 Novice

&quot;+C-SB and C-SS endurance will be combined to a single class under C-Superbike rules&quot;

In other words, C class superstock has been eliminated so that the Superbike teams can get their contingency money. I've been biting my lip on this issue, but there it is. The goal should be to increase the size of the grid, no create rules that may limit it.

There have been comments about the rider being more important than the equipment, and I agree. But, why stack the deck even higher against an endurance team, looking to keep cost down by riding SS? Not only is a new team behind the curve on experience and lap times, but now they will be behind the curve on equipment, unless you are willing to spend the money. The insinuation will be that to be competitive, you need to SBK equip you bike. Where is the INCREASED incentive to ride C-class endurance?

Another HUGE issue is that you will not be able to work on your bike during the red flags, giving the SBK’s even more of an advantage (quick fills and change equipment, plus more gas in the tank). The red flag used to be an equalizer.

SBK advantages: Fat tank gives 15 minutes more between pits (at least one fewer pit than SS, Quick fill and quick change equipment (laps worth of time), Stronger motors

SuperBIKE rules for C class endurance advantages: CONTINGENCY money for the SBK teams! What am I missing?

SuperSTOCK rules for C class endurance advantages: Easier and cheaper to competitively race, increasing the potential grid size. Safer, because a new team won’t be racing with a 75 minute tank or other equipment that may push an inexperienced rider past their limit. Contingency money for the experienced, former SBK teams. Cheaper to modify a SBK to a SS….heck, you might even put some money in your pocket.

It just makes no sense to me, that we are combining the classes because the economy is bad, but we are doing it in a way that has the potential to reduce the overall size of the grid, and make it more expensive to competitively race.

I urge the BOD to reconsider, and do what is best for the CMRA as a whole.

Sincerely,
    Jimmy

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I think they did the right thing as it now gives a place for everyone to run even the SBK and in SS trim running on slicks is much better,hell we ran a 600RR in SS trim and finished 3rd in A
    class against 1Ks so staying on the track is what it is about not just trick toys.
    The FOG
    Expert # 426

Blog Entries

Gil we already HAD a place for everybody to run whatever they wanted.
    Why change it? Oh, yea, $$$.
    If the SS guys wanted to run SBK they would have done it.
    VonHertell.com
    Road &amp; Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

On the other end...with SBK rules for all there will be no motor tear down protests which makes life easier for tech. And honestly..all last season bikes with quick change systems were in the minority but there were a lot of big fuel cans.

The one thing that I don't see in any of the discussion is a better classic structure that includes any more bikes that the last structure did...other than the division of LW and HW bikes. Which is not much of a structure to talk about.
    Dan

Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Actually Dan the LW will help those guys on the 350s that were at Cresson to run in a LW class and not have to go against the bigger bikes which will give them a second race besides Clubman. My big concern is the loss of Expert total points which still makes no sense and still waiting an explanation since this is a bike class like all the others and not a age or person restricted class like th F40 was
    The FOG
    Expert # 426

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I would think that the F2/F3 would be considered LW since we currently allow them to run in LW practice. However for just the classic class they COULD be considered HW. This would give people like the 350, fzr400 and ex500 (me) a better shot at doing well [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img] (hey I'll take all the gimmie wins I can get lol)
    CMRA Asst. Race Director/Safety Officer/Medical Liaison/Outrider
    CMRA BoD Member 2018-2023
    Ex#29

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I agree Ryan and look forward to any changes that would bring more Classic bikes out but still do not feel points should be taken away that way It leaves a lot of us Classic riders with only 2 races that count towards points unless we can get the F2/3 back into SSD. Leaving only F2 and SBD hey I just want a chance at the points totals not be out of it before it even starts.
    The FOG
    Expert # 426

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I can understand Gil. This year was the first time for me to get expert points as well, and seeing that I only race 2 races that are both NOV/EXP races than it will change.
    CMRA Asst. Race Director/Safety Officer/Medical Liaison/Outrider
    CMRA BoD Member 2018-2023
    Ex#29