Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine ice or other?

Engine ice or other?

We are in Missouri and it is below freezing these days. I'm just finishing up my ninja 250 and I was going to try engine ice or something like that since we'll be traveling in feb and I'll need something that doesn't freeze. Is this stuff legal with CMRA? I checked the rule book and it only specifically mentions water wetter and said to ask about other stuff.

Thanks,
    Dean

Re: Engine ice or other?

Engine Ice is not allowed.
    -Gabe

You know....you could just leave it empty and fill it at the track. A little tape on the tach....that says "NO WATER".
    Dan

Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.

Yeah - that would work. At 9% water expansion on freezing, I worry about the little bit that doesn't come out when drained...regardless of how diligent I am in purging the system.

Dean

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gabe McClendon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Engine Ice is not allowed.
    -Gabe </div></div>

What is allowed????????
    Dewayne Davis #680
    RaceworX, M-4, Dunlop, Bison Leathers,
    TMP M/C Parts, Monkey Moto, NTXSBKS,
    Lawton/Altus Motorsports,
    Southern Adrenaline

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dean Thimjon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah - that would work. At 9% water expansion on freezing, I worry about the little bit that doesn't come out when drained...regardless of how diligent I am in purging the system.

Dean</div></div>

The problem only happens when the water is trapped with no place to expand, I have never had a problem with mine doing this over the years...and I know that I never get all of the water out.
    Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dewayne Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gabe McClendon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Engine Ice is not allowed.
    -Gabe </div></div>

What is allowed????????</div></div>

Straight water or Redline Water Wetter (or an equivalent).
    Dan

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

WARNING TO ALL:
    DO NOT BE THAT GUY!!!
    If you put some glycol crap in your bike and something goes wrong on the track... you will, in all probability, get your butt whipped by one or several of the people you caused to crash. Don't be that guy!!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Van Blaylock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WARNING TO ALL:
    DO NOT BE THAT GUY!!!
    If you put some glycol crap in your bike and something goes wrong on the track... you will, in all probability, get your butt whipped by one or several of the people you caused to crash. Don't be that guy!!! </div></div>

I think that is a +1

I dont want to be that guy and no one else wants to be that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dewayne Davis #680
    RaceworX, M-4, Dunlop, Bison Leathers,
    TMP M/C Parts, Monkey Moto, NTXSBKS,
    Lawton/Altus Motorsports,
    Southern Adrenaline

Thanks for clearing that up. I won't be &quot;that guy&quot;...I was simply searching for information not covered in the rule book.

Dean