Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moto-GP and AMA Announcers

Moto-GP and AMA Announcers

Just starting a conversation:

The guy who does the voice-overs at the beginning of Moto-GP races <span style="font-weight: bold">has to go</span>. He's a moron, and obviously a Speed shill. Please, Speed, fire him and let the Brits call the entire race--they at least are knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

AMA--Michael Barnes, the grid/pit interviewer, is the new &quot;Shut Up Larry&quot; Maiers of AMA (actually the term was &quot;F You Larry&quot;, but I'm being polite). He's in way over his head, and asks the stupidest questions in the stupidest ways. I actually like Greg White and Jason Pridmore doing the play-by-play and color--they're much better than the alternatives.

When will we get a complete crew of American voice-overs who actually know what they're talking about, and can call a race in a way that won't make you cringe?
    Former Expert #33, member since 1988, BOD 2001-2004, retired 2008, returned 2016.

I used to be fast. Ask me about my championships. Bring beer.

Moto-GP and AMA Announcers

Just starting a conversation:

The guy who does the voice-overs at the beginning of Moto-GP races <span style="font-weight: bold">has to go</span>. He's a moron, and obviously a Speed shill. Please, Speed, fire him and let the Brits call the entire race--they at least are knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

AMA--Michael Barnes, the grid/pit interviewer, is the new &quot;Shut Up Larry&quot; Maiers of AMA (actually the term was &quot;F You Larry&quot;, but I'm being polite). He's in way over his head, and asks the stupidest questions in the stupidest ways. I actually like Greg White and Jason Pridmore doing the play-by-play and color--they're much better than the alternatives.

When will we get a complete crew of American voice-overs who actually know what they're talking about, and can call a race in a way that won't make you cringe?
    Former Expert #33, member since 1988, BOD 2001-2004, retired 2008, returned 2016.

I used to be fast. Ask me about my championships. Bring beer.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Re: Moto-GP and AMA Announcers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck Ergle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will we get a complete crew of American voice-overs who actually know what they're talking about, and can call a race in a way that won't make you cringe? </div></div>

My guess would be 'when a station that doesn't air NASCAR starts airing the races here'...

so, in other words, probably never.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck Ergle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will we get a complete crew of American voice-overs who actually know what they're talking about, and can call a race in a way that won't make you cringe? </div></div>

My guess would be 'when a station that doesn't air NASCAR starts airing the races here'...

so, in other words, probably never.

I hereby nominate....(drum roll).....The one..The only..

CHUUUUUCK ERRRRGGGLLLEEE!! JK CHUCK!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]
    Moto-Ace #45

I hereby nominate....(drum roll).....The one..The only..

CHUUUUUCK ERRRRGGGLLLEEE!! JK CHUCK!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]
    Moto-Ace #45

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I have not watched a MotoGp or WSBK race on TV in two years. Downloading the Eurosport feed is the bees knees.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I have not watched a MotoGp or WSBK race on TV in two years. Downloading the Eurosport feed is the bees knees.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I think Scott Russell has to go. I know he's there because of name recognition, but he sounds like some inarticulate uneducated redneck. I'm sure the GED packing, NASCAR and drag racing fans in the trailer parks would love him, but he's more annoying than that Geico &quot;sounds like you ride a five hundred&quot; commercial.

Ditto on Eurosport. I would switch to any cable company that carried it so I wouldn't have to download the races any more.
    Thanks - OnRoad OffRoad, Sunstar, Bridgestone/South Cent Race Center, &amp; Race Tech for their support.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I think Scott Russell has to go. I know he's there because of name recognition, but he sounds like some inarticulate uneducated redneck. I'm sure the GED packing, NASCAR and drag racing fans in the trailer parks would love him, but he's more annoying than that Geico &quot;sounds like you ride a five hundred&quot; commercial.

Ditto on Eurosport. I would switch to any cable company that carried it so I wouldn't have to download the races any more.
    Thanks - OnRoad OffRoad, Sunstar, Bridgestone/South Cent Race Center, &amp; Race Tech for their support.